Thread: Unable to find a better unzipper

Unable to find a better unzipper

I want to decrease the size of the files that i want upload over the net. The thing here is that i am having files with more memory size and i am looking for an application that will decrease the size of a file to more than half of its avctual size. Some of my friend suggested me to unzip that files which i want to decrease in size. But the thing here is that i am unable to decide which unzipper is the best and which will suit me the best. So please help me in selecting the best unzipper with all the advanced features.

Re: Unable to find a better unzipper

In this case i will suggest you to go with the winzip. It is the proprietary file archiver and also enable you to compress the files. In this case it is better if you will use the winzip that will enable you to zip the folders of files. It will full fill all the requirements of yours and also will let you to compress the large sized files. I hope that this will help you to solve problem. And will also give you the facility to upload the zipped files.

If you will ask me than i will suggest you to go with the 7 Zip. The 7 zip is an file compression tool which works on all most all the platform except the Apple's operating system. And if you are using other than Apple than it will never give you an compatibility issue. It is one of the advanced file compression tool that compressed the file in the lowest possible size and i am sure that it will definitely help you to resolve your problem.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that if you want want to decrese the size of the file and also don't want to give any harm to that particular file than just go with the IZArc. It is one of the best file compression tool that is currently available and it is also suitable for your requirements. It only works on the windows platform. It can read and compressed all kinds of that is the file type is not an great issue here. You van even compress an video file or a movie. The most important fact about this is that it is the only achiver that distributes the portable version on their website. It has an attractive interface that is easy yo operate on.

Why don't you try and use the winrar application. It is also the best tool that is currently available in fact it is better than all the others. Here are some of the points that describes the Winrar in detail:
    • WinRAR is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives.
    • WinRAR puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disc space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well.
    • WinRAR supports all popular compression formats (RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip).
    • WinRAR is ideal for multimedia files. WinRAR automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method. The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well.
    • WinRAR allows you to split archives into separate volumes easily, making it possible to save them on several disks for example.

It seems to me that the Peazip unzipper will suit you and also will satisfy all your requirements. The thing here is that PeaZip is a free available software or application that enable you to compress the files. It is also known as the open source archive manager, it also supports all type of file formats. It has an very attractive and user friendly interface. In this you just need to drag and drop the files that you need to compress and the job is done. I hope that this will definitely help you to solve your problem. It functions quite similar to the IZarc.

If you will ask me than i will suggest you to go with the bitzipper. It is the latest and the best option that currently available. what you have to so is just download it on your system and zip the files that you need to. The thing here is that it has an user friendly interface which is very easy to understand and also it has the ability to zip any file. you can read any file format using the bitzipper. To download the bitzipper you have to just search by typing its name on Google or any of the search engine then you will get various downloading link, But make sure that you download it from the official site only.

JosephLuna Guest

IMHO the best is 7z

The final size depends on type of the original file.
    For example any files with text you can compress more than half.
    Binary files less.
    Try to use 7z
    I like it. It's free.
    Last edited by Kunal; 16-11-2010 at 10:35 PM. Reason: External Linking is not allowed

The Extract now is also an exciting application that helps you to compress the files. It has the user friendly interface that will help you to do the instant file compression. Here the final size of the compressed one always depends on the original file. It will not provide any harm to the original file and will create a alternate one with low size. I am sure that this application will help you to solve your issue and also will help you to compress the files of all types.