Thread: Quicktime browser issue

Quicktime browser issue

I have installed Quicktime 7 on my Windows Vista machine and I have one website on which there are few midi files which I am trying to run. Problem is bit different as when I am tried to play one midi file then it got played but next midi file did not played. But when I am refreshing the page and then playing the midi file which was not playing before, This time it worked perfectly. I am using the latest version of the Mozilla Firefox which on which these kind of problem persists.

Re: Quicktime browser issue

I guess the problem which you are facing is due to the browser which you are using to play video files on your windows vista machine. Actually it seems like the problem is with the browser itself. I suggest you to check browsing the same website by using some other web browser which might not be showing the same problem. I am using an Internet Explorer 8 which is the best one according to me. I have never faced any problem with the video streaming on this browser.

I guess you were not facing the same problem with the same browser before some time but then gradually it has started showing such problem. I guess there won't be much difference in the result by using some other browser as if there is anything wrong with the website or the files. I think you should try one thing, Deleting the browser's cache might solves this problem. It might happen that the browser would be having lots of data in its cache which is causing such problem while playing the midi files from an internet.

If suppose that clearing the cache memory of your browser does not solves this problem then you should try reinstalling the browser which must solve this problem as sometime it happens that the browser gets infected by some files and since then it starts showing weird behavior, You can get rid of it easily by just reinstalling the browser as it makes fresh new browser.

I have seen the same issue on my windows machine even when I was having the Internet Explorer 8, Quick player was not able to stream the videos properly. So I thought to reinstall the browser and hence there was not change in the behavior. So it is for sure that this is not a browser issue which does not gets solved by reinstalling the browser nor by removing the cache files of the browser. Please suggest me some other way by which I can solve this problem.

I have found the solution which can let your quicktime player to to stream the video without any lag. But when it is not streaming properly or smoothly then you should try the same thing by clearing the cache memory of the Quicktime which affects here a lot. I have seen that this kind of problem can be solved by removing the cache files of the quicktime.