Thread: How to fix Error -2000.

How to fix Error -2000.

I have recently installed Windows 7 (64-bit) and had been going NUTS trying to get Quick Time to play and (using Pro) download movie trailers. But when I try to open those videos then I am getting error-2000.I have tried from other browsers but then it’s getting different error at each time and I want to use quick time only so please help me out from this I don’t know what is that error please help me out.

Re: How to fix Error -2000.

I can understand your problem most of the users are facing this problem for getting better performance they choose to work with windows 7 (64-bit) and most of the time they are not getting Quick Time to work properly with it. But I want to tell you that at this current scenario many application with windows 7 (64 bit) is not working properly, so I will suggest you to try windows 32 bit. Hope it will work great for you.

As I have heard this problem from many of the users from quick time. You can try to download new version of quick time player with windows 7 and try to play video, if this still not work with this then it may be asking you to control the system from main authorized folder. In order to have access to the main folder you will be required the administrator privileges. Once you have the privileges you will be able to solve the issue. In addition to all the above solution I would also suggest to look for the video card drivers please see if that is compatible as it can also cause the same issue.

I can understand your problem this happens with the most of the people frequently some of the reasons behind this problem is like system registry is corrupt or virus issue, virus can corrupt your system files or may be operating systems is corrupt, I will suggest you to install new fresh copy of operating system and try to install window 7 bit 32 version rather the windows bit 64 version. And for solving virus issue I will suggest you to install updated version of McAfee anti virus and use frequently hope it will work for you.

First off all I would like to tell you that this problem does not come all the time from the your quick time software, this may occur from your system, if your system registry is unstable or system file corrupt then It causes to getting this error which stops to windows from running or functioning smoothly. You can see some symptoms like slow computer performance, program lockups, systems freezing, slow PC start up and hardware failure. For stop this all problems you can install some tools created by some companies like PCHA it will help you to solve this problem and also increase your PC performance.

I agree with you that you are facing this problem after trying different ways to solve this problem like changing your browser and checking it with windows 7 bit 64 version using pro but still you are not getting the right solution for this problem by seeing this problem some companies launch some software tools to shoot out this problem. I will suggest you to try PCHA tool which is made by Microsoft especially for this error this will help you out defiantly. This is also make your PC performance better.

OK I will suggest you to do something, first you have check which file format that you are trying to play in quick time if its format is ends with .mp4, then it may be chances of getting this error because as per my experience if you are using the standard .mov QuickTime files you will not face this type of errors it will work properly. If it isn't a .mov file then try playing with a different player. if you want to use different file format to play in one media player then I will suggest you to use VLAN. VLAN has reputation for playing most of the different format files available in current scenario.

I have the same problem, but this is with a commercial DVD that plays fine in all DVD players and with windows media player, real player and such on my computer. So it is nothing to do with the file format. It is just Quicktime 7 that has the "Error -2000" problem. I just reloaded it (7.6.9) and still have the problem. I'm running in Windows XP.