Thread: Error: "Quicktime Pro license has expired"

Error: "Quicktime Pro license has expired"

Hello friends I am using quicktime pro on my macbook for quite some time now and it is really a nice software develop by apple to have. Yesterday when I started the quicktime software to see videos I got an unusual message saying that the "quicktime license have been expired and is no longer acceptable". Now what on earth is causing this error as this is not like an antivirus software which we need to update. Can any one help me sort out this issue.

Re: Error: "Quicktime Pro license has expired"

Hey can you provide with the exact time since you are using the software. If you had purchased QuickTime Player Pro after April 2006 then it has to be valid. If yes than your license is still valid and you just have to again update the quicktime player with the same license. If not then most probably you have to upgrade it to a new version of the software and then verify the software with the license that is provided by it. Also, while verifying the software by entering the license you have to make sure that you have entered the correct number and try it again and again after certain time intervals if it is not happening.

Hey I would want to ask you that, have you accidentally deleted some of the files from the quicktime folder. If yes than this is certainly the reason for the problem which you are currently facing. Or else what can you do is to again install the software and verify the software using the key which is provided. While verifying be sure that whatever code you are copy pasting it is correct with no spaces in between. If again you are facing the same problem then, I guess that the software might have expired since you have not updated for quite some time now and you have to get it updated as soon as possible.

Hey thanks for you reply but according to me the quick time software that I am using is purchased after April 2006 and so it is obvious that quick time license is still valid. However, when I try to run this software it is showing that the license is expired and that it is no longer valid. Also, I have tried installing the quicktime player again using the same license again but again I am hit by the same problem. So now what should I do to overcome the problem. I dont want to download a new version of this software. I am eagerly waiting for your reply as I wanted to solve this problem as quickly as I can. So please guys help me with some quick advice.

The only way you can sort out this issue is by installing a new version of the quicktime player software. This is the only way out for you since you have tried each and every options to solve this problem. I think this is the best possible way to get rid of the problem quickly. Also make sure that when you download the quicktime software it has to be MAc Os supported since you are using Macbook and having Mac Os on your system. There is quite a bit of difference between the keys for windows and for Mac os. So be careful while downloading the quicktime software.