Thread: Windows 7: Latest E156G drivers

Windows 7: Latest E156G drivers

Hello friends I would want to know that are there any latest drivers for the E156G modem. Before this I have had a Huawei E220 working perfectly without any problem. But when I used this modem it asked for some drivers to install, but I guess that I have already installed. Can any one tell me what exactly the problem is and is there any way to solve this issue. Or that the this modem doesn't have any support for drivers.

Re: Windows 7: Latest E156G drivers

Hey first of all what platform drivers do you want, that is are you using windows or mac os. Please mention the entire details of what exactly the problem is. Also, since you are now using the new modem so have you got any new drivers from it. Or you have been working with your old modems driver. And yes there is not a single hardware that will run without using the drivers. So i guess most of the modems you buy will come up their respective drivers so you only to install it and don't look for any thing else. Can you also provide with your system configuration to be able to get the exact solution from all of users who can help you.

Hey since this the new modem you have installed so have you changed the settings in your device manager so as to enable this modem. It would be like that you have installed the new modem but the selection is still of the old modem and the drivers which are currently installed in your system is of the previous modems. So first go into the device manger setup and see if you have made this changes if not then you must do it. If you have already installed the driver and still it is not working then it seems that your is not updated and you must download the same from the web. Also, can you give some exact information of what problems are you facing.

Thanks for a quick suggestion, I would want to tell you that I am using intel core i7 with windows 7 on it. There wasnt any problem when I was using the E220 usb modem but when I connected the new one, and started the internet it was giving me some driver related error. But I have even changed the settings in my device manager and also installed the driver required by the modem but then also I am getting the same error. And yes I am using "3 network" connection for this modem. I really dont know what the problem is all about so can any one tell me a solution to overcome this problem.

Hey even I was facing the same problem with my E156G modem, on 3 network and this is what I did to overcome the issue. You might be having a setup.exe file of the modem, so what you need to do is to run as an administrator and then right click on the setup.exe and select properties. You will find a compatibility tag and from there you have to select the platform which you are currently using. There would be too many options button available just leave them as unticked. Now select the program as Run and then apply the settings. After doing this you have to close the window and then right click again and 'Run as administrator' .After doing all of the above you should be able to load everything fine with no problem.

Good morning all of you, I think this is a universal problem with E156G modem as even I am facing the same problem with it. I have Samsung notebook with Windows xp on it and when I connect my E156G modem to my notebook it works fine without any error. However, when I connect the same modem to my Dads laptop which is having Windows 7 on it , I am getting an error message as " device is not connected ". I have the same driver installed as in my owns laptop but then why is this problem arising. Does Windows 7 doesn't support this modem or there is some other kind of driver for the same.