Thread: QuickTime Player Stopped Working In Windows Vista

QuickTime Player Stopped Working In Windows Vista

I am using the Windows Vista and the main problem in it is that, the Quick Time player was working properly but recently got some issues with it and I am unable to know what kind of error has been faced by it. Whenever I try running the Quick time, it shows an error "QuickTime Player has stopped working" and then at the end it basically crashes. And when I try running the Quick Time from other user accounts it works fine. And also it has not got any issues when it runs as administrator. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Quick Time but it was useless. Please suggest me a solution for this, and I am grateful to the one who will give me the answer for this problem.

Re: QuickTime Player Stopped Working In Windows Vista

There are chances that the following below given symptoms will be the case of this problem:
    And those two types of symptoms will suggest that your user account has lost a permission that is being given on a registry key or file or folder somewhere. This Prospects are not especially good for tracking down which particular permission or permissions has gone useless for you.
    Or else your vista may have recorded some useful information for you on which your particular file has gone bad.

The basic error that can be seen by you will be the one that is given below and if it is matching with the one that you are facing ten this is the basic problem that is faced by the Quick Time:

Product
    QuickTime Player

Problem
    Stopped working

Date
    As per the system.

Status
    Not Reported

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: BEX
    Application Name: QuickTimePlayer.exe
    Application Version: 7.68.75.0
    Application Timestamp: 4c87ca48
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_7bb1
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
    Exception Offset: 00000000
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Data: 00000008
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 7bb1
    Additional Information 2: 5146db5664ecadcc8706d7e4905cf83f
    Additional Information 3: 3000
    Additional Information 4: a866469466f008e5248e3bfff1245eb2

So try the above steps if this error is coming to you.

Other option that will work for the Windows 7 is to set the QuickTimePlayer.exe has to always run as an administrator in the account that you're having the trouble in. An unfortunately the problem again, is that it doesn't always work so well for Vista systems.

Then in your usual user account, you got to quit QuickTime if you have it open.
    After that go to the Start menu, and open Computer.
    Then open local disk C: or whichever drive you have your program files installed on.
    And if your having a 32-bit Vista, open the "program files" folder.
    Then after that you have a 64-bit Vista, in that open the "program files (x86)" folder.
    And then open the folder that contains "QuickTime".

Then you have to Right-click on the QuickTimePlayer.exe file and select "Properties".
    Go into the compatibility tab, and check for the "Run as Administrator" checkbox.
    At the end Click OK.
    This will resolve your problem.

Also the registry plays an important role in the Quick Time installation.
    The file or folder or registry key has lost a permission for your particular user account, but still it hasn't lost the permissions that are essential for the administrators group. When you try to do the run, as administrator thing, your QuickTime uses the permissions for the admin group rather than your user account, and so you don't get the error any more. And also it is not necessarily a QuickTime file, folder or registry key that is causing the problem for us here. It could be an Apple Application Support (AAS) program file ... for some more info about the relationship between AAS and QuickTime, see:

Code:
    QuickTime for Windows and Apple Application Support
    And also see the operating system dll or other resource that the QuickTimePlayer.exe tries to call.
    So if you've only been reinstalling QuickTime, then it can be paused that we might be able to get past this by doing a combined QuickTime/AAS reinstall if the folder,files or the keys in question relate to AAS, but there's no guarantee of success there.