Thread: Create a worksheet with data from other worksheets/books

sad Create a worksheet with data from other worksheets/books

I've read many threads, but I have not found anything that relates to my situation. Please help.

I'm making an Excel worksheet that is essentially an invoice, with all of the relevant information in cells that are neither column nor row-specific. We will be sending out hundreds of these invoices, so I would prefer to keep them as separate files rather than sheets in a single workbook. The workbooks can all be saved into one folder.

I would like to create a separate workbook or worksheet to track the relevant information in these invoices. I would like for this workbook to automatically extract the data from particular cells on the invoices and arrange it in rows on a typical spreadsheet so that we can easily view a summary of all the invoices. Essentially, I need to do a reverse merge; taking data from the invoices' cells and consolidating it into a spreadsheet. I have no idea how to do this, though I feel like there should be a simple solution.

Currently, we are compiling the data manually, but this seems like a waste of time. Any advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

- Diff

Re: Create a worksheet with data from other worksheets/books

In excel it is very difficult to make but if you wanted to make same working then i will advise you to go with the MS access which reliable and give then flexibility to make the invoice working with the same. So if you can then go through the same and get it working with the MS Access. Excel can be very difficult to make with the same.