Thread: Not able to edit my photos getting read only message in windows live

Not able to edit my photos getting read only message in windows live

I am using HP pavilion with windows 7 on the system. I have installed windows live into the system for the image, videos sharing with the friends and relatives. Recently I am getting problem with the program that when I go to the program and try to edit the images it shows a message displaying read only message except of editing the image. How could I get out of the system as this problem was not with me earlier when I installed the program into the system please suggest me to get the desired solution. Thanks.

Re: Not able to edit my photos getting read only message in windows live

I think this is happening to you because the photos may be tagged onto the read only mode from the setting. For getting the proper solution I would like to suggest you to try this which I am providing you below.
    • Just go to the thumbnail on the image to which you want to edit and choose the properties from the menu you will get after clicking on the thumbnail.
    • See if there in the general tab you have checked read only then unchecked it.
    • After doing all this see if the problem is solved or not.

Ensure that the images are stored in the system should not be in a read only location. If you are trying to edit the images from the CD, DVD and any other portable devices then first store them into the system and then try to edit them if you are trying to edit them from such storage area then you will not able to edit the images you want to edit. First store them onto the system and then try to edit them by following the above post’s suggestion. I think now you will be able to edit the images you want to edit.

Still I am getting the same error an all the photos are on my hard drive and also all the attributes are not in the read only mode. These things are happening on the recently loaded images on the hard drive. Actually I have transferred the photos from the older computer to the new computer. Please suggest me to get the desired solution.

Try doing the following things:
    • Right click on my computer icon on the desktop.
    • After doing this select the advance system setting from the list.
    • If it prompts you from UAC to authorize then go ahead and allow the entire goings.
    • After this click on the environment variables
    • In the bottom half, under SYSTEM VARIABLES locate the PATH variable and highlight it
    • After this click on the edit button
    • Ensure that whatever are there starts with %SystemRoot%\system32; %SystemRoot%;
    • Ensure that the semicolon divide each entry.
    • After doing this click on the OK button three times and restart the system and see if the problem is solved.