Thread: Software for producing Electrical Diagrams

Software for producing Electrical Diagrams

Hello friends, I am an engineering student and would want to develop Fire Alarm system design. From last few days, I am wondering about a software that is capable of producing Electrical diagrams on it own. I would want this software to run on linux operating system. The Windows standard, is of course, AutoCAD (Electrical), and I'm wondering if such a program exists for Linux, So can any one suggest me whether or not is there any software for it or any other solution on to make the things simple as possible.

Re: Software for producing Electrical Diagrams

Theses are some list of the software’s that you can use to develop the electrical diagrams. You can easily download this form the web.
    1 Schematic PorfiCAD
    2 Rimu Schematic
    3 ProSchematic
    4 AutoTraxedadiptrace
    5 AutoTraxeda
    6 AutoTraxlite
    7 Disk Doctors Linux Data Recovery
    8 LectriCalc PalmOS
    They all are very easy to download and use so go for it and enjoy.

Hey its true that there are many softwares that helps you to develop electrical diagram. Out of them Schematic is the one most beneficial and very easy to use apart from being user friendly it is very robust and integrated Schematic is a diagramming tool that allows you to combine text, pictures, shapes and connectors to create clear and informative diagrams that are very regular in engineering design. It has a very simple Graphical User Interface that allows user to help develop a very flexible diagram. One of Schematic's powerful drawing features is the way that connectors and sockets work. There is also a special object called widget that is integrated into this software. There are also libraries for DFD,ERD,Flowchart and many more.

According to me Rimu Schematic is really a good software too have. It is really a professional quality software that helps you to build the best design for electrical circuits. use. Rimu Schematic follows familiar concepts and commands used in many other Windows applications With this software we can,insert diagrams, tables, equations, bitmaps and other objects into the design of the system the way we want. This also support a group of inbuilt libraries that helps to develop one of the best electrical design ever. i would suggest you to for this software.

One of the very few software in the markets that have all the quality and the features integrated in it is the Circuit Shop v2.06 Design software. Clearly as the name suggest this software helps to develop digital and analog electronic circuits. The analog and digital circuits can be constructed and analyzed using the graphical tools that the Circuit Shop has inbuilt in them. Also apart from the usual circuit design you can also build and develop logic gates, flip-flops, op amps, dependent sources, ICs and transistors diagrams using this software. I am using this from quite some time now and its really an amazing software to have.

Hey I am also an engineering student and would want to tell you that I am using Dia for making electrical diagrams. I have used many other software as well but I guess Dia is very useful and it is certainly my favorite. What I really like about this software is that if I need to move an item or component, the connectors/conductors follow the movement. This is really frustrating while making such a huge circuit diagram. Since I have used many other software as well I would tell you that this is the only software in which the object wont move and like other software you dont have to redraw the entire circuit again. So please go for this software.