Thread: Folders automatically turns into Unix Executable Files

Folders automatically turns into Unix Executable Files

Hello friends, it is much unknown for me that Apples Mac has done something new with me. I am in big problem that how to fix this issue. Some of my folders on my system automatically changes to the UNIX executable file. It is not for the particular file but for the entire folder. When I try to change the name of the folder or add any other extension to it. The folder directly changes to zero KB file straight away. It means to say that all the data has lost from the folder. This is the problem which never occurred with me before. Anyone have the same kind of problem like me? How could I solve this issue? Or is there are any terminal commands to change back to its original position. HELP

Re: Folders automatically turns into Unix Executable Files

When your file becomes zero after renaming the file or if you feel that the file system looses the data then immediately run fsck. Since your size of the folder become zero try to run the fsck_hfs on your RUN command. I think that the better for you is to run the Disk utility. In disk utility select the disk and then run Verify Disk. I am not having the guarantee that the Verify Disk works same as that of the fsck. But the good thing is that fsck automatically creates the directory named lost + found. In this directory it will place all the lost files. If your directory is lost their name will be something generic like #34325. Try to run the fsck command, it will be helpful for you.

My suggestion to you is to repair your disk; it is very different from the Repair Disk Permissions. Repair Disk in Disk Utility when it is being booted from the CD/DVD. Restart your system from the install CD/DVD then try to run the version of the Disk utility which will be available from one of the menu, after it then go to the First Aid tab, in that select your boot drive and click to the “Repair Disk”. It might be possible that the repair disk may find the error. If you have the error then repeat the repair process until it displays no errors. This will help you

Try out this if Repair Disk is not sorting your problem. Type the keyword man uname with the quotes around in the open terminal. The functionality of this keyword is to show the system characteristics such as the type of processor you have. It is the program to test whether you are using the i386 processor. If it does not exist then it will throws you the error message. If it is present then it will not have any such error. I am not very confident that why it is in your support folder. Is it there in any other inside Application support? Any ways try out this. Let me know what happens.