Thread: How to export Mac Mail to Outlook 2007 ?

How to export Mac Mail to Outlook 2007 ?

I have been trying to figure out a way to export my inbox and folder from my Mac mail to computer using outlook 2007. I really need this as I am selling my Mac to someone. Does any body has any suggestion how I can export the mail into a .pst file so that I can import it into outlook 2007? I have tried to find solution to this on Internet but nothing seems to be helpful. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: How to export Mac Mail to Outlook 2007 ?

I have tried this solution and this work great for me.
    1: Download and install hMailServer from their site it is quick and simple to install.
    2: Setup the IMAP server by means of adding a fake domain as well as add a user. keep in mind to disable the Firewall or open the IMAP ports so client be able to connect.
    3: Add the IMAP account on the way to both the mail software on the mac as well as on the windows computers make use of the IP address of the PC with the mail software
    for the IMAP server.
    4: At this moment drag and drop the emails you require to move within the IMAP inbox
    5: Drag and drop the emails off the IMAP box to the destination mailbox.

By means of this way be able to be a life saver if there be numerous email boxes or several computers so as to be moved.

Possibly I'm a slight broad however I've been attempting to accomplish this furthermore am having a in reality firm occasion figuring out the details. I have mac mail lying on a Mac that I'm attempting to move to Outlook 2007 on an XP together on the similar home office system. I did set up hmailserver except honestly don't be familiar with how to perform the particulars on that or the information on setting up the account in Outlook. I'm not totally hopeless by means of computers however is having a tough occasion sorting out the particulars. If you may possibly give me by means of a bit additional point on setting up these accounts I would be extremely thankful.

I would suggest you to Set up an IMAP Gmail account on both machines. On Mac, transfer mail from your folders on the way to a folder within the Gmail account. They will show up within the consequent folder on the computer. after that transfer them from the Gmail account on the PC interested in the folders wherever they will finally live. I do this folder by means of folder during moving mail from my Mac on the way to Outlook on a latest PC.

Do the following for each mailbox you wish to transfer:
    1.Select all messages plus select File/ Save As from the main menu. select "Raw Message Source" at the same time as the format as well as a name for the group of messages and click the "Save" button
    2.move the file you now created to the computer.
    3.C:\Documents and Settings\Account Name\Application Data\Qualcomm\Eudora .Go to view tab under Tools -> Folder Options menu
    4.If suitable, rename the file you created in step 1 .allocate this file a .mbx extension.
    5.Copy the file from the previous step into the folder you opened in step 3.
    6.Open Eudora and view the mailbox you just copied.
    7.Open Outlook Express. Select File / Import / Messages from the main menu.
    8.Choose "Eudora Pro or Light" furthermore go in the course of the rest of the wizard.

I do the same as illustrated above, however within the most excellent case each and every one my emails have been moved with not at all any attachments as well as still by means of several troubles caused via the dissimilar linefeeds of mac along with windows. On the other hand, I am pretty in no doubt so as to no one of the on top has save its attachments. as a result I switched to emailchemy. It was about 24 $ however it move my nearly 10000 emails with not a single trouble.

Someone here needs to provide step-by-step directions for exporting Mac Mail to Windows Outlook.

Hi,

I want to recommend you too which can help you to convert OLM files into PST files very Easily this software well known as Kernel for OLM to PST Converter Tool.It is the right tool that helps users in accessing Outlook for Mac emails in MS Outlook platform. It converts all user mailbox data stored in Mac OLM file to MS Outlook PST file.