Thread: A UNIX executable file of Microsoft office has transformed.

A UNIX executable file of Microsoft office has transformed.

I newly observed that masses of MS Office files on my Mac Mini have been distorted or transformed by a few mysterious evil forces into UNIX executable files which I cannot open. Is there various magic commands which I can utilize to get them to modify back to their unique and original forms, hopefully all at once and not independently.

Re: A UNIX executable file of MS office has transformed.

Are you using any system optimization software for example Onyx, or a few cache cleaning software? Problems like this occur if you utilize the software at the mistaken or at the incorrect time. It is better to backup your information and data previous to performing any optimization, to keep away from such problems becoming a burden. If your data is not backed up, unluckily altering this back is going to be truly complex. For Microsoft Office, if you don't have the discs anymore, you can buy it from many websites or from many stores too.

It sound like your Mac mini has misplaced path of what files belong to what application. Resetting the Launch Services database could attach or fix it. Download the Leopard version of Onyx. Make definite to first close any working or any running applications. After that launch Onyx and click on the Maintenance heading, then the reconstruct tab. turn on the check box for the top most alternative of Launch Services. Click Execute at the lower right. Instantly restart your Mac after it has finished the operation.

I also suffer with same problem, and I am getting prepared to do what you say, but divorcing all my documents from their application sounds a bit creepy. What does that really appear like? Even files which are well now will be asking me afterwards which program wants to be used to open them. Won't that get ages until they all find every other again? Or am I imagining this procedure all incorrect?

Since only some are having troubles, manage mouse click the documents which are having problem, and select open with. In the open dialog box, make certain the Always Open With checkbox is filled in and after that choose the application you wish for the said documents to open with. Start again your Mac while you are ended from the Apple menu, and it should be accurate. Only if all your documents are tainted or corrupted should you even consider Onyx. Otherwise it is overload.