Thread: Subtitles are not displaying in VLC player

Subtitles are not displaying in VLC player

I am used to watch movies and music on my desktop computer and for playing all those i am using VLC player. Because i think only this player can play almost all the videos and music files. Yesterday i noticed a strange thing regarding this, that is when i play videos on it then i cannot see subtitles for the certain video format. VLC is showing the subtitles for MP3 files but for videos it is unable to show the subtitles. I don't know what wrong with it, if anyone having suggestions on this then please reply me.
    Last edited by Nightingale7; 09-11-2010 at 06:58 PM.

Re: Subtitles are not displaying in VLC player

When you play any videos on VLC player and if you not getting the subtitles, then first make sure that you have “active legend file” if it is not there then you changes by selecting the legend and then click on the advance option. It will open advance option window and make the change in the encoding and then click on OK. By doing this settings you can see the subtitles of your video files.

I think you should check the subtitles file names as well as paths of them. Many times I have seen that names with any special foreign characters in the file are ignore by the player. I have experienced the same thing while playing any of the video and from that onward i changed all the file names which are having special characters. So, I advice you that if possible change the file name. I hope this information may work for you.
    Last edited by Glenny; 09-11-2010 at 07:54 PM.

Why don't you reinstall the VLC player on your computer so that, it can help you to solve your query. I assume that these kind of issues are rises only because of the virus. your VLC player may infected by a virus and due to that you can not see subtitles on VLC player. I recommend you to uninstall it for once and then again fresh install it and choose for the latest version of it. If you are having any other query then reply me.