Thread: Not playing youtube video, only audio works with IE 8

Not playing youtube video, only audio works with IE 8

I have installed an Internet Explorer 8 on my Windows Vista computer system and I guess something is wrong with this version of an IE as well with the IE 8. Actually when I am playing any Youtube videos by using this browser then it just plays the video and the no video goes forward. Its like video freezes. What could be the problem with my browser?

Re: Not playing youtube video, only audio works with IE 8

I think your system would be having a firewall setting as a strict setting due to which your browser is not allowed to play the youtube videos. I suggest you to check about the same in your anti virus software which you might be blocking your browser from loading the videos. Do one thing, First of all disable the anti virus on your system and then check streaming the youtube video which might not show any such problems.

It might happen that your anti virus software might not be blocking your Internet Explorer to stream the videos but as IE is a microsoft's product, It might happen that your windows firewall would be blocking it. I suggest you to disable the firewall of your operating system which will definitely solve this problem. But make sure that you first check it with only youtube opened only as other websites with the malicious content might harm your system.

I think you should check playing the same video by using some other browser which might not be showing any such problem while streaming the videos on youtube. Actually many IE users have seen this problem but nobody have solved it yet...possibly most of the people found it working after disabling the firewall. If you want to download the Mozilla Firefox then click on its name.

Here I have provided one more browser named as Opera browser which also works great on any windows operating system. I think this browser won’t be having problem while streaming the youtube videos. But make sure that you don’t add up any kind of add ons which are not so reliable add ons are noticed to generate the problems while surfing or streaming etc. Click on an Opera to download it.