Thread: Safari bookmarks Erased !!

Safari bookmarks Erased !!

Hello, i've been googling answered to solve this problem for hours, even called Microsoft & Apple for help but nothing. i just restarted my computer. everything was normal. all bookmarks are there, i actually just added another bookmark. so then when the computer comes back on, i open safari & the bookmarks look empty. the only bookmarks are the ones that come with safari (Apple, Yahoo!, Google Maps, YouTube, Wikipedia, News, & Popular). nothing else !! all history is there from this whole week but NO BOOKMARKS !! so i googled how to restore safari bookmarks. they tell me to look for the 'bookmarks.plist' file in safari folder. i followed plenty of instructions like "File"> "Import Bookmarks" & tried to search for the file in (Users/yourUserName/Library/Safari/Bookmarks.plist) in safari but i cannot find that safari library folder folder. i tried (C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Safari\) but i cant even find the "appdata" folder. so then apple tells me that you can only search for the bookmarks.plist folder on a mac computer... =/ so that means i wasted the whole evening looking for those folders.

now since apple & microsoft basically tell me im on my own... im becoming really desperate. i have hundreds of very important bookmarks saved that have a bunch of job listings & apartments that i really really need.

if anyone can help PLEASE reply
    im going to be searching every folder on this damn computer tonight
    >:-O

Thanks in Advance

Re: Safari bookmarks Erased !!

hmm ok so somebody told me how to show hidden files (thank you so much!) & now i can "C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Safari" & find the bookmarks.plist file. so i went to safari 'file'> 'import bookmarks' & the file turned out to be the current bookmark file.... WITH NOTHING IN IT!! i thought i was pretty weird that the file would be 3kb but i was just so desperate =/ so i guess the question is now, where did my previous (& very big :[) bookmark file go missing ?!?!? :grumble:

Re: Safari bookmarks Erased !!

Since, there is nothing in bookmarks, I think that you might have not used it properly. To import bookmarks from Safari to Firefox or vice versa in a simple, uncomplicated:
    1. Both browsers have their favorites stored in a file format .Html, so we can swap them from one to another without problems.
    2. Safari bookmarks are stored in this path: Your User>> Library> Safari -> bookmarks.html (or you can export directly if you have enabled the Debug menu).
    3. FireFox favorites are this: Your User >> Library >> Application Support >> FireFox >> Profiles >> Default -> It's a file called bookmarks.html.
    4. Just copy this file from a browser and replace the corresponding folder in a different browser.
    5. You have to do with the target browser closed and respecting the name "bookmarks.html", since otherwise it would not accept the change. Then we open a new browser and you have them imported.
    It is a good idea to do before a backup browser bookmarks target, if we do not like the result to reposition its original state.