Thread: Enable Automatic Tool 1.0.4 of Quick Launch

Enable Automatic Tool 1.0.4 of Quick Launch

Never got exhausted of the new and fresher view in windows 7? Well I performed. And establish a way to build the taskbar look like superior old XP days. I started this matter many time, currently after I required reformatting again. I took a number of times to look into the code once more and construct some upgrading to the tool.
    Changes which I made:
    • #1.04#

1. . Set Enable AutoTray

• #1.03#

1. Set type.
    2. Inserted Enable AutoTray value to 0(Zero)
    3. Inserted silent versions for unattended install.

• #1.02#

1. Inserted Registry Entries.
    2. Tiny Icons.
    3. Taskbar be allowed to shift.
    4. Taskbar to default value, else the script will not work. You can transform back after.
    5. Forced TaskbarGlomLevel as 2.

• #1.01#

1. Set Danish version.

Made two dissimilar scripts:
    1. One with reboot necessary manually from the user to get result or effect of the changes.
    2. One with no reboot necessary, it quiet ends explorer.exe and begin it again after 2-4 seconds, apply registry entries right away.

Source: MSFN.Org
    Last edited by Maggie Q; 07-11-2010 at 12:58 AM.

Re: Enable Automatic Tool 1.0.4 of Quick Launch

You done really good work. Really Nice one. You have already done the solid or I can say tough work, you basically require to compile the code; the script works very well. In my opinion, the only modify I would construct is to modify the view to 'Large Icons' while the taskbar is unlocked.
    QTechnology Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU 460W I MSI K8N Neo4-F I AMD Opteron 144 CABNE0545 2.66Ghz I 2 x 512MB RAM I 380GB Maxtor SATAI Raid0 Hard Drive I 40GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drive I Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX I Win XP Home Service Pack 2 I Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity Fatal1ty I Mercury Home Theater HT-4500

I just want to ask you that it only works on English version, because, it did not work on Dutch Windows7. Did you as well seem here: “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer”. And here: “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced”. It covers or wraps a few things.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination

It is because you have verified what new toolbar is spelled in Dutch. I don’t know sorry, and you have to make sure the hotkeys also, attempt to see if you can find the consequences with your keyboard (Right click on toolbar and make use of keyboard to discover the hotkeys for Dutch). I merely found for Danish and English. The registry don’t work in windows 7, belief me I have attempted the whole thing.

This could be extremely useful. I have been fighting with an essential installation of W7 and become aware of the Quick Launch Bar seems to vanish each few boots. What a hurt! It may contain something to do with the automatic alphabetizing and reordering that goes on. Anyone have any idea on how to turn that off too? I finished up numbering everything so the order would stay.
    Blessings to you

I am in fact pretty fresh or you can say newer to this stuff. I have been looking for a logon script to demonstrate my Quick launch automatically and this looks to be a good one. I am only inquisitive, what arrangement or format do I save it in as I don't know much about scripts and I don't be familiar with what format it is.
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!