Thread: Problem with Dual Fire GL

Problem with Dual Fire GL

Hello everyone recently I had purchased an iBUYPOWER gaming rig which has a corei7 processor, 2GB Ram, 750w psu. It has an inbuilt HD5770 graphics card installed in it along with two extra pci x 16 slots, so in all there are three slots. When I removed the HD5770 card and installed an DUAL Fire GL V5600 workstation card along with the drivers, it ran normally without any problem. However when I inserted the second graphics card, it did not display any thing on the screen. I reinstalled it again and again but nothing was happening. Can any one help me to figure out my problem.

Re: Problem with Dual Fire GL

Hey, first of all have you downloaded the latest drivers for the DUAl Fire GL, if not than please first download the drivers and then insert it again. Also, please dont forget to Reboot the system when after you have inserted the card into the slot. Also, before inserting the card first wipe out the slot with some piece of cloth or blow some air through the slot, it might be that some dust particals might have got attached to it and therefore your system is not able to recognize it. This is a good option to try before coming to any sort of conclusion.

Hey first of all which is the second card that you are trying to install. Is the same one or is ti something different. Usually your motherboard will recognize only those cards that will be compatible with it. Other card wont run on the your motherboard as it is of different dimension. If it is the same one then did you plug the necessary PCI power connectors to the graphics card. This was the same mistake that I had done when I had inserted the card and my system didnt recognize it even it was the same card that was compatible with my motherboard. So please I request to first check this out and then go further.

Yes they are both the same one that is they are both Fire GL. I wanted to check this out with my system so I installed DUAL Fire GL which initially had daamit graphics card HD5770. When I inserted the first Fire GL it worked properly but when I installed the second graphics card there was no display on the screen. I have even installed all the drivers that are required by this DUAL Fire GL card. Since this is the first time that I am using two cards to install so I dont know what exactly would be the solution to solve this problem.

I think that the DUAL Fire GL is for those who want to use DUAl monitors with their system. AS you have written that your system works fine with just one card and if you insert another it gives you some problem, so its better not not to install the second card. Dual Fire gl is specially designed for Dual monitors they cannot run in the case of single monitor as you are having. Inserting two cards for the same monitor will led to a overlapping of the graphics which will result in no display or vivid display. So its better to sue single card.