Thread: PC word file when open in Mac word creating problem

PC word file when open in Mac word creating problem

I have recently created word file on my PC with proper formatting with the use of header, tables, footer etc because it case study which require better formatting. But when I tried to open same word file in my MacBook with Mac OS there was some weird things done with same word document. There is different font in which document is appearing there is no proper spacing also the paragraph formatting is quite different with no header and footer appearing in it. So I want to know what I can do to ensure it work correctly if not what other application I can use to create word document in my Mac OS. So if anyone having ideal about any of the application which can be used please let me know.

Re: PC word file when open in Mac word creating problem

You are not able to properly view the PC word document in the Mac OS because Mac doesn't support word file simple for your PC word document to open in Mac you need to have the Mac Office 2008. Using this you will be able to open and view the PC word document as you view in your PC and there will be no such thing happening with your file. You can have Mac Office 2008 version for Mac from the official Windows website which you can use to open and work with your documents, then it will be compatible in both your windows and Mac system.

I think you can try to have Apple's iWork 2008 on your MacBook system. Using Apple's new iWork ’08 you can open as well as save your all the new MS Office formats with which you want to work with. I think this can be the proper solution for your problem which you are facing while opening PC word file on your Mac OS. Other than this i don't think you can much do about it, if possible go for it in order to work with word document in Mac.

I think you need to convert the PC word document format to Mac word format for which you might require some of the software application. You can use Microsoft's XML File Format Converter for Mac after which you can convert your PC word file into format which is compatible in Mac OS. Using Microsoft's XML File Format Converter you will be able to convert format of word file after which there will be no such issue of unorganized document in your Mac. After which you can use TextEdit or Microsoft Office to open the documents.