Thread: Unable to Install Osx in already installed Windows computer.

Unable to Install Osx in already installed Windows computer.

I have a computer system that contains windows in it, and now I am looking forward to install Mac osx on the same computer along with windows in it. Problem is when I put in any disk to wipe my hard drive that has the windows in it, I can not get the computer to start from CD. I have even tried opening the BIOS and tried some of the options with the commands but I was not able to do it. I even put in a Windows install disk to try and wipe it clean but i can't get to the setup it just goes to the Windows start-up. How to get rid of this problem.

Re: Unable to Install Osx in already installed Windows computer.

To upgrade a Mac os or , you must have the following requirements with you:
    • An Intel processorÂÂ
    • An internal or external DVD drive, or DVD or CD Sharing
    • At least 1 GB of RAM
    • A built-in display or a display connected to an Apple-supplied video card supported by your computer
    • At least 5 GB of disk space available, or 7 GB of disk space if you install the developer tools
    • Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard or whatever which you wantto install.
    • Installation and Setup Guide

If you have the above, then you will be able to install Mac osx on your computer.

If you are unable to install the Mac osx in the already installed Windows xo computer, than you can try the following to see whether it solves your problems.
    Disconnect any external devices if there are any, which you probably dont need during the time of the installation.
    Check whether you have minimal amount of space that are requied for you to carry out the installation. You can certainly do this using "MemTest".
    Now try to install the Mac Osx,if you are again facing the same problem then, choose utilities and then select the disk on which you want to install. Then click on First Aid and then on Repair Disk. If there are any problems, it wil get repaired automatically and then you have to quit the Disk Utitlity and again try to install Mac OSx. this time around you might be able to install it with ease.

Hey why dont you first remove the Windows which is currently present on your system and install Mac OSx and then again Reinstall the Windows again, I think this option will certainly help you as it did to me. Now a days most of the Operating system are cross platform ,so they can have any OS on it at the same time provided on some condition. Since it is Windows that is present on your system so it might be that the drivers are not compatible with the Mac Osx. So it would be better to first install the Mac OSx and then go for Windows xp. Hope this will solve your problem.