Thread: Complication in PC word to Mac

Complication in PC word to Mac

I am having a PC with MS word 2007 installed on it on which I use to work. But now I have purchased a Macbook and I need to transfer all my data on Macbook. when I transferred all the data from PC to Macbook the files have been modified automatically. They appear in different format on PC and Macbook. There is difference in fonts, spacing, margin, header, footer etc. Is there any way to get back the previous data?

Re: Complication in PC word to Mac

You should first try to transfer the documents which are not in use and if they are not modified then try to carry out the actual transfer. The problem because of which all the word files is modified is that I think you have imported some of the image file at the bottom of the page which will frequently get pushed to another page or there might be some other fonts installed on both of the system because of which they are modified and then used the style sets to apply formatting.

The file formats might change because there are two different versions of MS office used because of different versions the file will be altered or they will be corrupted. Sometimes due to different versions files will not open. Otherwise you might be saving these files with wrong extensions and then trying to open on a different platform. Wrong extensions may not allow the files to be accessed. The files saved on PC is having different font formats which is not installed in Macbook.

If the files extensions are correct, same versions of MS office is installed, font formats are same etc. still the files are not opening then you can try some other file recovery utility from which the file can be recovered. If it doesn’t works then you can re-install MS office application because re-installing the application will solve the problem of any files being corrupted or missing. Restart your system and again install MS office application and then try to open these files.

Incompatibility issues can occur if you are creating some files in higher version and you are using a lower version of software to open then the files will not open. Before using check that MS word you have created is opened in that version or the older one. Newer version will not support it. If Word files have been corrupted then use can use some recovery utility to recover the corrupted document. You can take the backup of the files before transferring so that your information is not lost.