Thread: Unable to open .exe files in windows

Unable to open .exe files in windows

Hi friends, the big problem arises whenever the .exe file is executed or run. Whenever I double click the .exe file it display me the error message that the unable to find the file. Windows cannot open the .exe file. When I go to the activate it display up the message with ‘could not start the security agents’. I thought the problem may occur due to some virus problem. Then I did whole scan of a system but nothing found. The issue is cannot able to run downloaded .EXE file. Please help me to fix the issue.

Re: Unable to open .exe files in windows

My suggestion to you is to first scan your computers for viruses. Do it with good antivirus. And then download the any .exe file. In your browser right click and save link as. It will now save a file having the extension .exe. It will save it as xp_exe_fix.reg.txt. Then rename the file by removing the .txt extension at the end. Merge the file by right clicking on the file. It will display the warning message. Accept this message and then click OK. It will reset the setting of the file association back to the default setting for .exe files.

Scan for the virus. Maximum time the problem may arise due to virus. If not found any virus. Then right click the file having the extension .EXE, go to the properties. Make sure that it is under general. Give the location to the file by saving it. Be sure that .exe is not behind it. Edit the .exe file. Now the file below will have the name of the file with .exe. it will surely work.

The web page exehelper.com may help to run your exe file. The step you want to perform is download exehelper to your system. Then double click on the exeHelper.com to run the fix. It will now display a black window, press any key to close once the fix is completed. Post the contents of log.txt. it will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com. it helps you to run .exe file