Thread: cannot connect to dns server

cannot connect to dns server

Hi all,

First time poster here, so go easy on me and dumb down a little/a lot!

I've signed up as i've seen some of the great responses, in looking for the answer to my query.

Basically i've recently changed from aol to sky broadband (i know they're both terrible but the sky one is free). Since the switch over i've had lots of problems getting online. First thing to mention is that the wireless work on my mobilke phone and my gf's mac, so i think it's not the router. I can connect to the network and going by the globe at the bottom, everything looks ok - until i open internet explorer, where i get the 'cannot find this page etc etc'. I then plug the ethernet in and everything is fine. The weird thing is that my outlook doesnt work wirelessly to start with, but does after the ethernet has been plugged in then taken out.

When i click 'diagnose and repair' i get the 'cannot connect to dns server (followed by some numbers i cant recall as i'm now at work)'. I googled that message and found people had posted similar problems on this forum, as well as others. the thing that a lot of people suggested, and which seemed to work, was (in vista, which i am) - control panel, network connections, manage networks, right click, properties, TCP/IP and edit stuff there. The problem for me is that when i go to 'manage connections' there are none there to right click on! I would never have gone into there before to mess around with anything so i'm confused.

can anyone help? i would really appreciate any suggestions, but as you can probably tell from my post, my computer knowledge is very limited!

thanks a lot

Re: cannot connect to dns server

Have a look to the following discussion and threads that is been made on our forums. Hope they may help you out

If still this do not resolve your query then it would better that you contact your ISP. They will provide you the proper information and sort the technical problem.