Thread: Making an Animation or Movie.

Making an Animation or Movie.

I am on a windows machine running vista operating system. I want to built project. In which I want to have some animation and movies type of presentation. Is it possible to make a animation in windows movie maker? If I can't, is there free software for animations? I have searched it with the help of certain web sites. But I am not getting it properly. What are the basic steps for doing it? Please help to make presentation. It’s urgent

Re: Making an Animation or Movie.

Do not make use of the windows movie Maker to actually shoot or compile your animation together. You should use a program specifically designed for stop-motion animation purposes to actually compile your movie, then edit your larger clips afterward in a video editing program like Windows Movie Maker. An animation program will make it easier to arrange, re-arrange, add and delete single frames. Typically, playing around with multiple single frames is kind of difficult and bothersome in video editors since they weren't designed with frame by frame animation as a primary function in mind.

You can try it through the free Windows Movie Maker, as you can just have it transition through any number of still images to create the animation? To animate your drawing, you have to edit the drawing several times and save each one with a different file name.
    For example:
    pic 1 = arm is down
    pic 2 = arm is half way up
    pic 3 = arm is raised
    pic 4 - equal to pic 2
    When you play them in Movie Maker the arm will be going up and down.
    But Movie Maker won't provide for a continuous loop.

sadly you wont be able to make a movie with windows movie maker with them, being that windows is proprietary software and you can only use windows file format,If you want to do animated graphics then you will need to use Gimp in it's original file format (Linux) along with Linux operating system,there are several websites out for video and animated graphics editing software packages such as 64 studio or ubuntustudio.

If you want to built some movie better make it with the help of widows movie maker. or it can be also be built with the help of the power point. If you want to have smooth video. You can do is before you put any pictures on the on the storyboard you must click Tools at the top, then Options, then click the tab labeled advanced. When you see Picture Duration, put it down to the lowest which should be 0.125 seconds. And finally click OK and then insert all your pictures on to the story board in order.

If you want to build a stop motions videos with the help of the movie maker. You can have some default settings for it. First go to the start and then click run, in that type in: regedit. Once the registry go to the following folder: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MM20\Options. Open the file called as DefaultVideoTrackImageDuration. Then click the radio button labeled 'Decimal' so that it is highlighted, now if you want your default image duration (which is normally 5 sec. in movie maker) to be 1/20 of a second type in the Value data box: 50. And then click OK. Go to the file option and then exit to restart the windows movie maker. It will give some kind of help to your project.