Thread: XP PowerToy Image Resizer for Windows Server 2003

XP PowerToy Image Resizer for Windows Server 2003

I want to upgrade my net server. And I am using Windows XP as an operating system. And I am looking for the powertoys for XP only to install on the server 2003. But at the time I start to install, it rejects the installation process and prompting me a message by saying that you are currently using the wrong operating system. So please tell me what to do in order to fix this issue. I have visited most of the site but not able to get the perfect solution for this. And one request it that please post your reply as soon as it is possible. Thanks in advance.

Re: XP PowerToy Image Resizer for Windows Server 2003

I think somewhat come up in the installer script, so that is the reason because of that I have downloaded WiX and after that take a look at Image Resizer's install script, and I have found that it has operating system version limit hard coded (501) so I have modified this and make it 502. And after that you just recompile this and check it I hope this will surely work.

Like others I have also gone through this problem but I am not able to solve that and in last one of the engineer came to my home and he fixes the issue. But after reading your solution I think that it is really an awesome idea, and why did not I imagine regarding to do like that? And I think I have also to do like this just to fix my problem in the past but leave that in future if I go through like this then I surely do this. And thanks for posting such an important idea over here.

I am not using windows net server 2003. Currently I am using the windows 200 pro and I need Imageresizer only for the Windows 2000 Pro. So is anybody able to help me here? And I have tried much solution in order to fix this but not succeed. I have also tried to reset the or you can say that change the number which is in the MSI file to 500, it installs at that time but when I right click on this I have not found any kind of re size there. So please help me.