Thread: Unable to use Vlite due to missing WIM Filter

Unable to use Vlite due to missing WIM Filter

I am having one issue with the vLite which is having the issue with the WIM missing file. Whenever i am trying to use the same i am getting the error with the same regarding the missing of the WIM file and asked me to insert the original disc for getting rid of same. To work with the same i have used the deamon tools which is also not working for me. So if you are having any solution then please let me know about the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Unable to use Vlite due to missing WIM Filter

The only working solution for this problem i have got is known as the downgrading then vlite to the older version of the same. Just download then older version of the Vlite i.e. 1.1.6 Version and copy the WIM driver and to the Vlite installation directory. I have gone through the same and let me tell you that this is not working with the issue of mine. So if you are having the same problem then go through the step and get it working.

I have gone through the same problem and let me tell you that this is the same issue i have also got but after going through the lots of solution i come to know that you can make it working with the use of the NET Framework 2.0 SP1 and Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows Vista SP1 or Windows. After that just try to run the VLite with whatever purpose you wanted to use the same. So if you can then go through the same and let me know whether it is working with the issue of your or not.

As per my knowledge the WIM is removed from the same and you need to install the same from the external source. If you can go through the below given link which is having instruction regarding the working of the same. So if you can then go through the same and work with the issue. Also let me know whether it is working with the same.

• Download vLite 1.2 beta
    • Install vLite 1.2 beta
    • Download WIM
    • Unpack the archive into \Program Files\vLite\.
    • Start vLite and click "install WIM" filters.