Thread: iTunes 10 unable to detect iPod Touch 4G using Remote Appliction 2.0

iTunes 10 unable to detect iPod Touch 4G using Remote Appliction 2.0

Hello folks, I bought a new iPod Touch 4G purchased a few weeks ago, before this i was having iPhone 4 and was able to connect it to iTunes using Apples Remote Application 2,0. But now when i connect it to my iPod Touch 4G it does not show up in devices to enter the passcode. Im guessing Apple's Remote App 2.0 works well for iPhone 4 and iPad, but not for iPod touch 4G. In Apple's Remote application 2.0, Home Sharing login works well, Adding library produces 4 digit passcode, but it does not show up in Devices to have the opportunity to enter the passcode. Can anyone help me get rid of this problem. I am using an Airport Express wifi connection

Re: iTunes 10 unable to detect iPod Touch 4G using Remote Appliction 2.0

Hi, first of all have you changed the settings in your System Preference. If not then you should first do it. For changing the settings just follow this.
    • Apple
    • Select System Preferences.
    • Click on Sharing.
    • Go to Firewall> (check/enable) Personal File Sharing / iTunes Music Sharing

AND

• Apple
    • Select System Preferences.
    • Click on Sharing
    • Go to Firewall>Advanced> (uncheck/disable) Block UDP

After going through the above steps you will see the devices in your iTunes.

Hi, I think that while uisng Home Sharing account on Remote Application should automatically detect the Itunes library while at the same time the iTunes should detect your iPod Touch in devices without requiring you to enter the password. Its like Home Sharing is for when you are working using your own home network and the password is to be enter when you are using some different network to access.

Since you are were using iPhone to connect it to the iTunes. i think that, your iTunes is configured to support only your previous iPhone. Now that you are using iPod you should check out and see whether uninstalling and then again installing the iTunes software works for you or not, since there might be some compatibility issues regarding iPod Touch with itunes. It can be possibility that the new Remote Application is having some issue which is the reason of your problem. So you can even install a new version of the application program.

I was also facing similar kind of problem but under opposite circumstances. I was able to see the device and also the password page on my Windows desktop which i connect through cables but it was not working on my Macbook with wifi connection. If now, if i connect my Mac with cables network it worked fine. So finally i got to the conclusion that the problem was on my wifi network so I went into the wireless network configuration, unchecked 'allow multicast from broadband network' and it connected successfully.