Thread: iTunes not providing upgrade to eligible songs

iTunes not providing upgrade to eligible songs

I bought 1000 songs from the iTunes store last years and the songs which I like are protected acc files at 128 bit rate. I observe that now these songs are available for purchase at iTunes store as acc files at 256 bit rate. But these songs are not listed for upgrades in iTunes plus and they only option available is to pay full price in order to upgrade them to High quality format. iTunes list a lot of other files for upgrade and I have upgraded them but there are some files that iTunes is not offering to upgrade. Is there any idea to correct it? Your suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: iTunes not providing upgrade to eligible songs

I think that because of some reasons the link between track and your purchase history might break.Hence the track you want to upgrade is not appearing as eligible for iTunes plus upgrade even if AAC files at 256 bit rate exist in iTunes store. So I would suggest you to contact to iTunes customer care service and explain your problem to them. You may need to provide track and artist name and order number to confirm your purchase. They may help you to get your issue solved.

Even I have the same problem with my songs not able to upgrade.I was able to upgrade a lot of previously purchased but there are at least 50-80 songs which never give an upgrade option. Occasionally some songs show up as able to upgrade.I have fill the iTunes customer support form and let us see what happens. But I think it would be better if they provide such complaint form at iTunes store for people to fill out and give the list of songs which are protected.

I have purchased 250 songs from iTunes store and when I try to upgrade my purchase song it say that purchase song is no longer available. So I could not upgrade them. I am having 16Gb second generation iPod touch. Among these 250 songs iTunes automatically upgrade only 25 songs for me. So I did some checking and seem that the songs purchased by me are now available on iTunes plus, to which auto-update failed to replace. So I contact to iTunes customer support but the person who respond to me was not able to understand the nature of my complaint. So far has no help from iTunes support. Any suggestions to this problem would be appreciated.

Are you sure that all 250 songs that you have purchased from iTunes store are from EMI music label as only EMI artists have their audio with 256 bit rate acc drm-free format. And other artists such as sony, warner and etc are using 128 bit rate acc drm-free format. Furthermore apple is still adding up more 256 bit rate acc drm-free format to the iTunes store.

I too have same issue with my previously purchased songs.There are only few EMI songs that are available in my list of songs under "Upgrade my Library" but most of songs are not.They are EMI tracks available in iTunes plus in 256 bit rate.I am annoyed just about the general Principle that I need to pay $1.29 for some songs. I have contact iTunes support and the only response I receive from iTunes support is that they did not understood my complaint.

The reason why many of my eligible audio did not automatically upgrade is that most of these songs were purchased under a different iTunes ID when I was having different email address.Upgrade option is not enabled in my previous account so I just need to log in using former ID and then allow previous account to upgrade.