Thread: Low Volume on iPod Touch while using FaceTime

Low Volume on iPod Touch while using FaceTime

I recently purchased iPod touch to do some FaceTime with my friend who has a iPhone 4. Although i did successfully connected to Facetime with my friend but the thing is that i was unable to hear from my friend since the volume was too low and i was unable to increase the volume since it was already set on max. Then i tried it with two iPhone's and it was working very fine and i was able to hear it properly. Is this issue faced by all the users of iPod touch or its just with my iPod touch. Can someone help me to sort out this issue.

Re: Low Volume on iPod Touch while using FaceTime

First of all, check whether your friend is able to hear you properly. If not then, you should check it with different users, even if then also you are not able to hear it properly it might be that your iPod touch is having some serious problem and needed to be send to the shop for it to get repaired.
    If your friend is able to hear you properly but you are not then it can be that your friend mic might have some problem which is leading to low voice transfer to you and therefore you are getting low audio voice.

If you are not able to hear properly then you should check the setting for adjusting the volume. Go to settings in slider and over there adjust the sounds and volume which is found at the side. After adjusting see, if now you are able to hear the sound loudly and clearly. If not then you should check the device at the other end also it might be that the sound input at the other end might be low so this would be one of the reasons of low audio sound at your end.

Have you checked out with other application like skype , if not then first check out and see whether you are able to hear it properly with them, if yes then you are having problem with your FaceTime and you need to reinstall it again.
    If you are not able to hear it properly from other applications also then your network might have some problem and need to be setup again. Even if that doesnt solve the problem than you have to contact apple for its solution.