Thread: How to use Geotag in Windows Live Photo Gallery

How to use Geotag in Windows Live Photo Gallery

I have recently heard from one of my friend about the Geotag which can be used in the Windows Live Photo Gallery and it provides longitude and the latitude of the photo that is used with that. So what is exactly this application and how I can use the application in the Windows Live Photo Gallery that I am using presently. I also have a number of the photos that I wanted to relate with the location in the GPS system available in the laptop so please provide me some solution on the topic any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated.

Re: How to use Geotag in Windows Live Photo Gallery

Geotagging is the procedure of putting geographical/ geological classification metadata to a variety of medium such as pictures, films or videos, web pages, SMS/MMS messages, or RSS feeds information and is a figure of geospatial metadata. This information typically consists of latitude and longitude coordinates, although they can also comprise altitude, bearing, space, correctness data, and place names. It is usually used for photographs, giving geotagged photographs, that you are trying to tagged with the location. To do so you have to go to the windows Live Photo Gallery and perform the process.

Thank you for the information that you have provided and I tried to add the Geotag in the photos that where uploaded in the windows live Photo Gallery but the process failed badly. So now what should I do in order to resolve the problem and I also wanted to know how I can tag my photo to the Google map. Is this possible to do if so then how I can do the same, any recommendation will resolve the problem for me.

The simplest way to tag your images is to use an online option that may be the Flicker which makes this incredibly simple. Once you have created a position on the Yahoo map, you pull the pictures into location. That’s it, even though if you have pictures of your expensive residence cinema association, you might desire to alter the privacy settings so the intruder doesn’t know where to look. Now that location tracking can be place into any camera for slight additional than the cost of a few SD cards. You need to perform the instructions on the website to get the issue fixed there.

If you want to Geotag a photo to the Google Map then you need to follow the given steps;

• First you need to select the photo in Picasa or the Windows Live Photo Gallery.
    • Then select the Geotag push button in the Photo Tray of the application. Google Earth launches up and a minute Picasa window appears in the lower-right turn in the case of Picasa.
    • After that find the way and zoom to the place in Google Earth that communicates with where your image was taken, and place the yellow cross-hairs on your selected spot.
    • Select the Geotag push button to put the selected photo. You can also select the Geotag All push button to tag the entire selected image with the same position information.
    • When all of your images are geotagged, select the done push button to end the placement.
    • Finally, when you end Google Earth, select the Yes push button to keep the geotagged position in your 'My Places' folder. You'll then be capable to access the photos in 'My Places' any time you launch up Google Earth.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

The problem that you have mentioned can be resolved and you can get the proper location of the photos that you have Geotagged in the windows Live Photo Gallery by just following the instructions here First you need to type the location that is the full Address of the location in the 'Add a geotag' field in the Option available in the Windows Live Photo Gallery. Then the Photo gallery automatically looks for that address and at the proper location that is the accurate longitude and the latitude for the given address. Then it will add the respective latitude and the longitude to the photo to complete the process.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

If you are using the Windows Live photo Gallery for the Geotag then you can get it done easily as there are very simple instructions available for that and you can add the Geotag to a particular photo from the yahoo map or the Google Maps as there are many options available such as the Location Created City or Location Created Country and the Location Created Province State which will allow you to do the process and tag the location accurately, if then too the problem exists then you can contact the Microsoft for further help and support.