Thread: Beta WLPG gives problem in Face Recognition

Beta WLPG gives problem in Face Recognition

I am using the Beta WLPG services from a long time and it was running good in the Windows Vista OS that I am using. I have lots of photos in my album where WLPG recognizes a face but is simple not involved in suggesting who it may be even though the face is an ideal example of a previously recognized person. I think this might happen with people where there is large number of photos, examples: family, maybe there are simply too many examples previous for WLPG to recognize new pictures of the similar people. Last Sunday I took a group of photos where only I and my wife needed to be recognized. In total there were about 78 photos of the two of us. WLPG was only able to recognize 12 faces and according to me it is a very poor performance and it takes larger time for that, so what is the issue with that and what will be the appropriate solution for these.

Re: Beta WLPG gives problem in Face Recognition

The problem that you have stated above can be caused due to a number of the reasons such as the poor performance of the system that you are using due to which it takes more than normal to edit and upload the photos or the application itself which cause the problem. As you mentioned only 12 photos where recognized in the Beta WLPG services so you can try the same in the Picasa application and then tell me how much it detects there as when the photos become old and you try to compare a older photo with the newer one it becomes difficult for the application to recognize. So, first perform the methods and provide the details about the same.

I have tried the same collection of the photos in the Picasa and the result was better than the WLPG application as it detected more than 50 photos as correct one that I have for the comparison. So what is the problem with the WPLG, there is no problem in the system. I wanted to use the WPLG as it provides more number of the features as compared to other application and the services, so what is the problem here and who I can overcome these issue any advice will help to resolve the problem.

The problem has occurred due to the Wrong Batch People Tagging in the software. To resolve the issue you have to first enter the batch People Tagging mode to verify some of the services because generally our face acknowledgment gets a bit stronger once when you have utilized these service for more than two or three times. Batch People Tag can be penetrated by clicking the Batch People Tag push button in the Organize portion of the Home tag from the Grid View .So these is the solution available for these issue and if you are getting better results with the Picasa so why you want to stick with the WLPG application. So, in my advices you should go for the Picasa as that will be a greater scope for editing and other services there.

In fact I confirmed the majority of faces in Batch People tagging section of the application. It might be that face recognition get brighter when you have 15 regular examples of a face. I do not doubt the performance of the application but what I am questioning is when you have 1500 plus illustrations I have tried then what is the problem. For example does the following decline face recognition such as with sunglasses and with the side and frontal views of the photos or with a photo where a face was not identified and I have added it to the album so these are the problems that I am facing now with the face recognition please help if you have any suggestion on the given topic any advice will help to resolve the problem.

The problem of the face recognition can be easily resolved by following the Find tab in the grid view of the application which is explained in the below step by step solution;

• First you need to select the Find tab on the Ribbon given in the option.
    • After that in the People chunk, select on a face in the thumbnail gallery of people tagged in the photos or in the group.
    • The vision will now clean to show only pictures with that people tag allocated.
    • You can now scroll through all the pictures for that person.
    • You can then choose any that come into view wrong and remove the wrong tag; these will resolve the problem and then try the face recognition steps to overcome the issue.

The only solution available to you is the Picasa if all the above steps are not working properly, the Picasa is better than the WLPG service as I had used it for a long time and the performance of the face recognition is great. In the current release of the Picasa application they have included all the missing features that were not available in the previous one so that you can use this application as an alternative to the WLPG. So on my advice you should go for this service and your issue of the face recognition will be resolve very easily by using the current release version of the Picasa.