Thread: Windows Live Movie Maker cannot Play and Edit AVCHD files

Windows Live Movie Maker cannot Play and Edit AVCHD files

I am using the windows 7 (64 bit) operating system and recently installed the Windows Live Movie Maker. The application is running good on the system but when I connected the Sony HD Camcorder to the Laptop having the Windows Live Movie Maker to import the AVCHD Video clips it provided me with a number of the error and the connection was not established. When I tried to save these clips as a Movie the application that is the Windows Live Movie Maker freezes and provide the error as “Not Responding”. So, what is the problem with these application and how can I overcome the issue any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated to resolve the problem.

Re: Windows Live Movie Maker cannot Play and Edit AVCHD files

The problem that you have stated above may occur due to a number of the reasons such as the Sony HD Cam recorder is not working properly or the Windows Live Movie Maker application is not working or else. So first you tell me that is the application that is the Windows Live Movie Maker is working fine with the other files or not and with other resources such as when you take the files from the external sources or from the hard drive to the Windows Live Movie Maker application. These all information will make my job easier to resolve the problem.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

The Windows Live Movie Maker application works properly with the other internal and external sources such as when the video files are taken from the hard drive and the portables external devices. It also works fine with the regular "mpeg" or "wmv" files that are imported on the regular basis but when I tried the same with the High Definition AVCHD (.MTS) files it created me a number of the problems. So, please provide me some solution to resolve the issue any recommendation will be appreciated to fix the given trouble.

The solution to the problem is Windows Live Movie Maker application which is not a updated version. As you have mentioned above that you are using the windows 7 OS so you required the latest version of the Windows Live Movie Maker software that is available on the Microsoft Website so you need to download the application and your problem will be resolved and if then too the problem exists regarding the Windows Live Movie Maker application then you can contact the support desk of the Microsoft for further support and help.

This problem occurs when there is a problem in the Sony HD Cam recorder that you are using, the solution to these is that you need to first check that the Windows Live Movie Maker application is running or not. So first download the fresh copy of the software from the Microsoft website and then installed in the system if then too the problem is there so you need to change the Sony HD cam recorder. To do so you can go for the replacement of the Sony Cam recorder if the product is in the warranty period or you can go for the repair at the nearest service center to resolve the problem of the Windows Live Movie Maker application and the HD Cam recorder.

AVCHD film/videos files that enclose Dolby Digital audio can be utilized in Windows Live Movie Maker if your laptop is running one of the following editions of Windows 7 that can be Windows 7, Windows 7 Professional Enterprise, Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Ultimate. The Sony High Definition Cameras Record in Dolby Digital and thus as by sustained file formats which the list can be originate in the help section of the software replicated that only AVCHD with this audio encoding can be condensed on Windows 7. This can be relevant to any AVCHD Camera that utilizes Dolby Digital.

If you desire to play your .mts video files format from Sony HD camcorder, you should get a video converter to alter your .mts files to formats that your player sustains, here MTS Converter can help you do it fine, batch adaptation, editing use such as the trim videos, cropping videos and the effect videos are the functions that can be used there and the video settings and multiple format video files are supported. These is the alternative available to you if you want to use the format without making a number of the chances in the Windows Live Movie Maker and if then too you want to convert the files directly from the Windows 7 then you have to contact the Microsoft and the Sony Cam recorder manufacturer to resolve the problem.

michaeldisuza Guest

Hey, Lacto-bacilli i think that the problem is might connected with any type of unsupported video files. If anyone there running with the same problem then try to convert your AVCHD video files with any video converter such as MTS converter, which also support AVCHD files.