Thread: Error encountered while importing the contacts from outlook to hotmail

Error encountered while importing the contacts from outlook to hotmail

I really need to update my contacts in the Hotmail and for that I have decided to import a file from the outlook 2007. But the thing is that I am not able to import that particular file in fact whenever I tried to import that it gave me an error message saying that “An error occurred”. I am not able to understand what kind of error it is because it is not mentioning the error in the specific manner. The thing here is that the contacts that I am trying to upload are from a CSV file. And I don’t know what is wrong with the character separate value file. Does anybody ever have faced the same problem and if yes then please help me in solving the problem and ale let me know how to import the contacts without the CSV file.

Re: Error encountered while importing the contacts from outlook to hotmail

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that there is something wrong with the file that you are trying to import. The best possible way you can do here is that just create any another file with the same data and the import that particular file. I hope that this time it will take that file into consideration and the file will be imported successfully. And if still you are not able to import the file then just send me that file which you are trying to import. What I will do here is try and study the file and analyze it from all aspects and see to it whether the file is corrupted or not. And it will also help me to determine whether any problem associate with the file. And will give you a definite solution as soon as possible. I am sure that i will help you to fix that particular problem and also it will not occur again.

I guess I can help you out in this case. The thing here is that the process of importing the files seems improper to me. So what you have to do is do it in the systematic manner. Because if you will commit mistakes wile importing the CSV file than I am sure that it will not import. And that is the reason why it is giving errors to you. So make sure that the uploading process remains simple but proper. What it will do is make you sure that there is nothing wrong in the the importing process and the problem is in the other factors such as the file that you are trying to upload or the outlook that you are using. I hope that this will help you out for sure.
    Last edited by Glenny; 29-10-2010 at 12:24 AM.

Thank you for considering my problem and also for finding the solutions for the same. I have tried all the possible ways through which I can import the file but no use it is still giving me the same error. Sorry for the fact that I can’t send you the CSV file because it contains all the important information and some personnel contacts. I have tried to import the file in proper manner but I think I am lacking in some parts so please can anyone tell me the exact and the correct way to import the CSV file. Please help me out in fixing the problem I am worried a lot. And unable to use the contacts which are important for me.

Nothing to worry at all, I know you must have committed mistakes while importing the CSV file. So here are the exact steps that will enable you to import the file in proper way:
    • First of all go to MS Office and open the Outlook
    • Then you have to select the File option.
    • After that you have to select the EXPORT option from the file tab and ten go on to select the Address Book.
    • After doing that a Address Book Export Tool window will open in that you have to select the Text file (CSV) option and then click on the Export button.
    • Then you have to import the contacts, for that you have to select the outlook express option and then after select the CSV file that you need to upload.
    • And alt last click on the finish button which will end your process of importing the CSV file to HOTMAIL

According to me the Outlook that you are using may not be supporting the file that you need to import. So what you have to is just uninstall the Outlook 2007 and for that you have to remove the office 2007. And then again install the latest version of office or that which will support the CSV file. IT is not that the Outlook 2007 does not support the CSV files but the here the thing is that it may have got corrupted that is the reason why it is giving you the error message. So make sure that the outlook is not affected by the virus or any thing else have damaged the file, if possible scan your system that will help you in knowing whether the file or the outlook is corrupted or not. Ad if found the results positive then immediately change the file and create a new or install new office. I hope this will help you to solve your problem.
    Last edited by Macarenas; 29-10-2010 at 12:30 AM.