Thread: Cant sign in Windows Live, prompted with “too many failed sign in attempts” error

Cant sign in Windows Live, prompted with “too many failed sign in attempts” error

Friends, I have created the Windows Live ID a few month back and it was having no issue till last week but when on last Sunday I was logging in to my account then I found that I was not able to log in to the account and it shows me ma message that shows "you tried to log in too many times".

I have not got any such message before or not even heard about this. I tried to login many times but every time I see the same message. If you have any idea about this error then please post it here so that it can solve the problem for me and other users also who are searching for the same problem.. Thank you.

Re: Cant sign in Windows Live, prompted with “too many failed sign in attempts” error

There may be many possible reasons for this issue but the most common reason for this which I have seen is as follows.
    • There is possibility that the stored account or password which is there on your computer log may be not correct or that may not be updated.
    • There is some other possibility that the browser's cache is full.
    • You may have entered wrong password to login to Windows Live ID but that should not be the reason in you7r case because you told that you have tried it many times.

Just check that what is the reason in your case and you can go for the solution accordingly. I hope that this will help you in any way to solve the problem for you.

Check for computer or account settings

If you are not able to sign in to any of your Windows Live ID services then you can try the following to resolve the problem. First of all you have to check that whether the problem is with your account or with the settings in your computer. To do this you can try the following. Once you get the idea that whether it is with computer setting or account issue then you can go for the solution accordingly.
    • First of all you have to try to login into your account at account.live.com but on some other computer.
    • If you are using a home computer then you can try to access your account from some other computer with some other service provider.
    • If you are on a computer which is on network then you should try to access the account from the computer which is not in the network.

Re: Cant sign in Windows Live, prompted with “too many failed sign in attempts” error

Just see whether you can login from other computer and if you can do so then I think that there is some problem with your computer settings. You can do the following to solve the problem. Here are the steps that you can try:
    1. First of all reboot your computer.
    2. After that you have to optimize your Internet Explorer settings.
    3. Enable your browser to accept third-party cookies.
    4. You should also access other Windows Live sites that will determine that whether this is limited to that site only.
    5. You can also check the firewall program in your computer. There is possibility that it is blocking the site that you want to access.
    6. If you have any such applications installed then disable that temporary and try to access your account.

I think that you should reset your password online. Once you do this then it will make you sure that the account is secure from unconstitutional access. If you think that you have forgotten your password then you should reset the password online. Just click on the link below and it will let you to the page where you will be able to reset the password.

Click here to reset your password.

You can use the Manage Add-ons tool which is there in Internet Explorer for disabling the each add-on individually and see which one is causing the issue. Here are the steps that can be applied if you are using the Internet explorer 7.
    1. Double click the Internet explorer 7 icon on the desktop.
    2. Select tools > Manage add-ons. This is used by Internet explorer to display all the add-ons installed on your computer.
    3. Select each one by one and click on Disable in the settings.
    4. After disabling all, click on OK button.
    5. Restart the Internet Explorer 7.
    6. If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through 3.
    7. Click on enable for single add-on
    8. Repeat all the steps from 6 tom8 and see which add-on is causing the problem.