Thread: How to move email of Outlook from Office 2007 to Office 2003?

How to move email of Outlook from Office 2007 to Office 2003?

Guys I have the following problem: on a PC was installed Microsoft Office 2003, the program that was used was mainly Microsoft Outlook .... for various reasons I had to update with Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 but now is very slow (given the large amount of mail coming) and I would come back with Office 2003 but reading around it was reported that now the mail store (almost 2gb) had been converted to work with Outlook 2007, probably could not longer work with this thing is 2003.vi Office ? I do know how to solve? I think that you people have got my query. Just in simple language I want to ask that how to move email of Outlook from Office 2007 to Office 2003? Hoping that some members will help me soon.

Re: How to move email of Outlook from Office 2007 to Office 2003?

In this case, basically copy the file from Outlook 2007 folder on your desktop and then covered in the destination folder in Outlook 2003. Navigate to the folder and then copy the contents to a folder on your desktop. C: \ Documents and Settings \ user \ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ Outlook. Now uninstall Office 2007 and reinstall Office 2003, you can restore the mail folder copying. C: \ Documents and Settings \ user \ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ Outlook. I'll do this maneuver to avoid corrupting the PST file. To use Office 2007 files (docx, xlsx, etc..) Office on 2003 can safely use the programs of Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack.

You can use File> Export or copy the entire folder contents.
    C: \ Documents and Settings \ user \ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ Outlook
    EMAIL regarding physics in a folder on your desktop or external drive, as regards the profiles will then export a registry key:
    Windows key + R> type regedit and press Enter, now reaches the following key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Windows Messaging Subsystem \ Profiles
    Right-click on Profiles and click on Export. To re-import after installation of Office 2003 just copy the files (pst etc..) In the path :
    C: \ Documents and Settings \ user \ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ Outlook
    and double-click the exported registry key.

hello for other reasons I had to temporarily move the data to outlook on another pc ... following your advice I transferred the account (by exporting from the list) .. I have a problem with the Outlook.pst file, I put it in the folder c: \ documents and settings \ user \ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ Outlook but I do not read the data indeed .. outlook gives me an error!! initially ... then after moving the files outlook when I open the program gives me an error of avast antivirus (which is installed on the PC from where I removed the file. pst) if I click on OK to close the error window I Outlook opens but is blank (as if he had not read the file. pst) ... if I try to import the data from the voice file -> import from file and select the Outlook.pst file tells me that the location specified there no data to import. I have tried many ways but not able to succeed. So thought to take some help from you members.

AVAST is likely to recognize these files as malicious and delete them, for what it can not find them. AVAST should turn off again and make the file transfer. If you want to back up only some of your Outlook data, you can create a new backup .pst file of only the data that you want to save. This is also known as exporting .pst file data. For example, you might want to use this section if you have important information in only some folders and you have other, less important items in much larger folders. You can export only the important folders or contacts and omit folders like Sent Mail. Follow these steps to export a specific folder:
    1. Open Outlook.
    2. On the File menu, click Import And Export. If the menu item is not available, hover your pointer over the chevrons at the bottom of the menu, and then click Import and Export.
    3. Click Export To File, and then click Next.
    4. Click Personal Folder File (.pst) , and then click Next.
    5. Click the folder that you want to export the .pst file to, and then click Next.
    6. Click Browse, and then select the location where you want the new .pst file to be saved.
    7. In the File Name box, , type the name that you want to use for the new .pst file, and then click OK.
    8. Click Finish.
    Folder design properties include permissions, filters, description, forms, and views. If you export items from one .pst file to another, no folder design properties are maintained.