Thread: Outlook and Hotmail Connector Problems

Outlook and Hotmail Connector Problems

I have a problem and an exciting outlook for 2010 in connection with hotmail connector. Everything is synchronized good, only now and then a permanent transmission error occurs: "0x8004102A". The error is enduring for mail folders created on the web. In fact this all started when I created a mail folder in Hotmail and then deleted that folder in Outlook without syncing and then again I re-added the folder in Hotmail. After searching some results on Internet, I just came to know that there is outlook and hotmail connector problem. I am not knowing more about this topic, so thought that you guys may help me in this topic to sort out my issue. Hotmail outlook when I go out as a data file delete and re-insert it running smoothly again - to one or two days later, the fun starts all over again. I don't know the reason.!! Any other information regarding an error message (mentioned above, error code "0x8004102A"), would be helpful.

Re: Outlook and Hotmail Connector Problems

This error is described when the Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector account is syncing modifications to a folder and cannot discover the folder in the Outlook client. A ordinary way this could happen is when a folder is deleted in Outlook and then deleted from the web before Outlook syncs the deletion to the server. In this case, the error should tenacity itself after a small number of synchronizations because no more changes will be sent for either folder. This error can also be displayed when deleting a secondary or shared calendar folder in the Outlook Hotmail Connector account does not delete the calendar from the server. This error will endure until the folder is removed totally from the server using the web. This dilemma is expected to be fixed in the next release of Outlook Hotmail Connector.

I use Norton Internet Security 2010 and the Windows firewall. Have to test both disabled, no change. I have also turned off in all Outlook Add-Inn, and started in safe mode. But doing this also doesn't helped me. Meanwhile it has become better after 3-4 times the "Send" receive "in a row is all OK and there is the status message" Connected to Windows Live Hotmail "later in Outlook. Before I get an error message, it seems to me that there is a synchronizing problem with the Hotmail folders. Sent, all messages also appear when the error message could be sent. I guess that still puts a different software behind it. Please try a clean boot because it really helps at times.

The fault must lie in the Synchronization between Outlook and Hotmail. The error messages refer to deleted or moved emails. I have deleted the Hotmail account and refurbished. After about 10 times eMail sending / receiving only 2x was an error. It seems to 98% fixed. I will be watching it. Also try to do Pst file repair. Outlook used as data storage, a file with the *.pst (personal store), which, it should be erroneous, can also cause errors. Check the file with the tool and let scanpst.exe any errors found to fix it. You should check the file, but so often, until no errors appear to be more, so at least twice. Where is your pst file is saved, you can find out about
    Control Panel | Mail | Data Files
    If the above measures do not remedy, it could be corrupted Outlook profile. Before you create a new, first try, the profile with the tool OLfix to repair. Start the program after download, on the button to remove profiles and click select from your Outlook profile. Select the button Unused select all and remove orphaned entries on this click on Delete. If the previously mentioned approaches have not eliminated the problem, please sign test, to another Windows user account below and see if there is also the problem. In rare cases, namely, a defect Windows account for errors in Office applications are responsible.

I am not sure, but Virus can also be the reason. First, check whether one of the "most reliable" sources of error in Outlook causing the problem: scanning incoming and outgoing e-mails. If your virus scanner to have such a function, please disable it in the settings of the program. In some cases it is necessary to test as to completely uninstall the virus scanner. If your program anti-virus causes ruled out as you go next in finding out whether Outlook itself or an installed extension (add-in) is causing the problem or error. Start Outlook in Safe Mode so unique:
    • Start | Run | outlook.exe / safe
    The parameter / safe prevent others to run extensions installed, so if the error should be gone, such is exposed as a polluter. You should then disable all add-ins installed and re-enable iteratively until the error occurs again. Then uninstall the add-in and install it again - preferably, if available, an updated version. In Outlook 2010,
    • Tools | Trust Center | Add-Ins | Go on

If you do not want to create hand manually, you can also use the freely available tool add-in manager to use that to manage add-ins is extremely helpful. If the error still occur in Safe Mode, Outlook itself or one of its components is the culprit. Close Outlook and delete the following files, therefore the first time that they have the Windows search and find all (hidden files and folders in the search to include):
    • Outcmd.dat
    • Extend.dat
    • Frmcache.dat

To work around the issue if it is caused by a mail folder that exists both on Hotmail and Microsoft Outlook, follow these steps:
    1. Look on Hotmail and in Microsoft Outlook to determine which of the erroring folder has the most current items, as it is likely one of these has fallen out of sync due to the error.
    2. Copy the folder and rename the copy to a temporary name.
    3. Perform a Send/Receive in Microsoft Outlook and ensure the temporary folder is present both on the web and the client after sync. It may take a couple of synchronizations if a lot of items are present in the folder.
    4. Delete the original folder from Hotmail and in Microsoft Outlook.
    5. Perform another Send/Receive in Microsoft Outlook. You will likely see the error one last time.
    6. Perform a Send/Receive up to five times – the original folder error should go away.
    7. If the same error code persists, look at the Sync Issues folder again to find any more folder names that are out of sync with the server and perform steps 1 through 5 again.

If the folder is the name of a secondary calendar folder that no longer subsists in Outlook, trail the steps that have been mentioned below:
    1. Log onto your Hotmail account using your internet browser.
    2. Follow the map to the calendar page of your Hotmail account.
    3. Click on the calendar folder that has been deleted from Outlook but still exists on the web.
    4. When the settings page for that calendar emerges, click the Delete button at the bottom of the settings.
    5. When the Windows Live Calendar page returns, ensure that the folder is no longer displaying in the calendar folder list.
    6. In Outlook, click the Send/Receive All Folders button in the Send/Receive tab or press F9 on the keyboard. Allow Send/Receive to complete and then sync again.
    7. Navigate to the Calendar module of Outlook and ensure the error calendar folder has not reappeared in the folder list. The error should also no longer display in Send/Receive Progress.
    8. If the same error code persists, look at the Sync Issues folder again to find any more folder names that cause the same error and perform steps 1 through 7 again if it is a calendar folder or the second set of steps above if it is a mail folder.