Thread: What is SoftTH?

What is SoftTH?

I am here to know about the SoftTH. I just know that SoftTH permits using three monitor "triplehead" with Direct3D 8 and 9 games devoid of special hardware. You require three monitors attached to PCI Express video cards. Only one card does all the interpretation work, so secondary card can be a low end card, only Direct3D support is mandatory. I want to know more about it. I didn't get an information on other sites. So, thought that you members would be useful for providing the information regarding the mentioned topic. So please explain me about SoftTH in details.

Re: What is SoftTH?

SoftTH (Software Triple Head) is a program of what Keijo Ruotsalainen aka "Kegetys" has been developed. It allows the visual field with computer games on multiple monitors to expand. It is legal and free available. SoftTH prerequisite for at least two monitors, and supports a video card's Direct3D. For more than two monitors plus an additional graphics card is required which also supports Direct3D. SoftTH works now only with DirectX8 and DirectX9 games. (Date: 6:11:09) Depending on which version of DirectX, the game supports the DLL is used.

SoftTH consists of four files: "SoftTH_hook.dll" "SoftTH.cfg" "d3d8.dll" and "d3d9.dll". The SoftTH_hook.dll is responsible for the mouse movements to function correctly. SoftTH.cfg in all configurations for the corresponding computer system can be adapted, such resolutions, arrangement of the monitors or graphic-correction functions. Are d3d8.dll d3d9.dll and the real part of SoftTH. In general, all SoftTH program files are copied to the installation directory of the game, but often in a subdirectory named "bin" (binary) or "Engine". When the game starts, the SoftTH dlls to be loaded automatically. SoftTH now arises between the game and the DirectX installed on your computer.

It emulates the game now has a large monitor (which actually consists of two or individual). The resolution depends on the values that were registered in the SoftTH.cfg. The game is now passing on the video material to the primary graphics card in your computer, which renders it and finished in a Bitmap converts. This bitmap is now divided into three areas of SoftTH for the respective monitors. Since the primary Monitor of a computer is always connected to the primary video card, printed the picture for it directly. The photographic material of the secondary monitor is copied from the primary video card in the system Ram, and from there to the video card in which the secondary screens are connected. If one of the secondary monitors on the primary display adapter can be connected to the indirect route over the Ram. This monitor also save by the SoftTH.cfg the "useMultihead =" 1 relies on. This saves PCIe bandwidth and speeds up the image reproduction of the secondary monitors.

Re: What can I do to increase performance?

For increasing the performance of it, follow the steps :
    • First the normal, ie CPU, RAM and video card overclocking
    • PCI Express slots are overclocking (up to 110MHz or everything should be alright)
    • Screw down resolution - available only to the secondary monitors, please see HowTo: Configure SoftTH
    • Color bit depth to 16 bits reduce - available only on the secondary screen
    • One of the secondary monitors to join the primary video card, combined with "useMultihead = 1"
    • If possible take advantage of CUDA option

In principle, all monitor configurations are possible. The only limitation we have is that the two outer screens must have the same resolution. It does not matter whether the primary (middle) monitor is larger or smaller than the exterior. There is also no problem to the middle or outer screens or all operate in a vertical format. SoftTH to handle It has great feature screens with different resolutions. If all three monitors do not have the same resolution, this is always connected to a power loss, there is always calculated with an area which is not displayed, because it is technically possible a quadrilateral rendering.