Thread: Can't change icons with Snow Leopard?

Can't change icons with Snow Leopard?

I am having one issue with the Macbook which was running fine till yesterday before installing the Snow Leopard. After installation of the Snow Leopard i have come to know that i unable to change the icon of the anything on my system. I have tried a lot thing but nothing is working for me. I have been looking for the same and let me tell you that this is not working for me. So if any one is having the knowledge about the same then please let me know the same. Thank you.

Re: Can't change icons with Snow Leopard?

I think this is something related to the permission issue which is not allowing you to change the icon of anything in the Snow Leopard. I think it is better to check for the permission that you are having. If you are having enough permission then you can change the icon. Also login to the admin account and then give the permission to the user account and see whether you are having enough permission to perform the same or not. So if you can then try this out and see whether this working with the issue of yours or not.

I think that there might be something wrong with the update process of the Snow Leopard which is not updated properly and that is why you are getting the issue with the same. If you ask me about the solution for same then i will advise you to go with the update to the Snow Leopard again and see whether it is working with the issue of yours or not. I am sure that this time you will get it working with the issue. So try this out and work with the issue.

To change the icons of the Apple applications go through the below given step that will help you with same.

• Find the original icon (right click on the text / display the package contents / Contents / Resources)
    • The icon has a. Icns (*)
    • Copy and paste the icon into a backup folder to be able to recover in case.
    • Rename your new icon.
    • Click on the icon to select it, then cmd + c (copy)
    • Cmd + v (paste) into the Resources folder of the application (authenticate if requested)

Just go through the below given instruction which might be helpful for you to change the icon of the folder or any menu in the Snow Leopard. After going through these step you will be able to change the icon of your menu and everything else. I will advise you to go with the same and see whether it is working with the issue of yours or not.
    1. Go to the "/system/library/coreservices/menu extras"
    2. Backup the file
    3. Right Click on file
    4. Click on Show Package content
    5. Open contents
    6. Then resources
    7. Now replace the files
    8. Log out and log back in after making any changes

If nothing from the above replies are working for you and you are having the issue with the same then i will only advise you to contact the Apple regarding the issue which you are going through. As they are the developer and might be aware of the problem. So if you ask them then they can guide you with the proper solution for same. Also if possible then check the file permission. To check the permission first get into the Application Folder and then find the icon and click on Get info to know about the file. Now go to the Permission Tab and then to Get Info Tab. Change everything to Read and write. Click on Lock so that it will get unlocked if it is locked. Now try to change the icon and see whether this is working with the issue of yours or not.