Thread: Collections lost in Windows Movie Maker

Collections lost in Windows Movie Maker

I have lots of collection of the movies and many of the edited movie files and also my project file but now I got a problem that the collection I have made by using the windows movie maker has been lost. All my earned clips are lost it was very frustrating to me. Is there is any ways to retrieve them from anywhere and also suggest me to how to avoid this in future, any suggestion will appreciate. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Jagavee; 20-10-2010 at 12:52 PM.

Re: Collections lost in Windows Movie Maker

The windows movie maker software which you are using must having the auto saving features enable due to which the files you have created are getting saved automatically. I advise you to open your windows movie maker and then in file menu there is a option for opening the recent documents click on it to open all the files which you have created. You can make this setting disable and choose the location manually.

Many of the new file which are created by any of the application are moved to the temporary folder. There is a way to find this file by going to run option on start menu. In run window just type the temp for displaying all the files. Or there is another way to search for this file by going in to C:\Documents and Settings\User name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Movie Maker\. Follow this path to find your collection of files.

If you have done the backup of all your data then I think you should check your lost files to the backup folder. Because when you done any back up all the files are moved to a folder called backup. Or I think you should search through your file name by using search option. If am sure by this two ways you can find your collections. If you are having any other query then please reply me.

I am also getting the same problem while accessing my files, I am sure due to some settings you are not getting your files. I have given you some steps follow those to adjust the setting. Open the drive where you have stored all your files. Then in the menu bar go to the option Tools, and then go to the folder option. In folder option put the check mark in the front of the option called “Show hidden files and folder” then click on the apply button to apply the settings and at the end click on the OK button for closing the window. After displaying your folder go to its properties and disable the hidden property if it is enable.

I think to overcome this issue before its happening you must have to take a backup of all your files onto a compact disk or in the external hard disk. So that this will be secure and also you can retrieve these files anytime, even if you format this files from your computer. If you are having another hard drive you can make copies of the same files to the different drive. I thing you should follow these suggestion to save your files from being lost.