Thread: Black and White Video Playback

Black and White Video Playback

I have formatted my Pc but it is get corrupt again then I have formatted this one more time and then reinstall the windows XP operating system. Currently I am using the windows Media Player8 but I have tried the updated one i.e. WMP 10 and WMP 11 also but the same result I have got in that media player also. I have tried Nero 9 also but there is no any fix. Related to all the players I have downloaded the current codec for all of them but that also did not change anything concerning with my issue. Can someone help me regarding this issue.

Re: Black and White Video Playback

I think your problem is related to your graphic card. And one more possibility is that the movie which you are trying to play in the different media player it is black and white content or there is really something great issue related to your graphic card. The reason behind this that playing video in to the videolan is because videolan comes with its own codecs and is able to play very soon concerning whatever is this. The out of codec will create an issue with any player or with the software also. So just give a look to your graphic card.

Hey finally I have got someone who is facing the same issue. And related to this issue I have did all the things which you are telling here. But still I have not got any permanent solution of this. In my player I am not getting pictures in totally I mean 100% of black and white but it is a kind of dull and cold. And I just want to clear one point here that it is not happening because of the monitor the reason behind this is the game which I am playing on this 17” LCD it is running perfectly. So I do not think that there is any issue which is related to the monitor. I think it is happening because of the wrong configuration like you have post in your reply. But how can I solve my problem without formatting the hard drive again?

I have got something from the other website and I just want to share this information here also. You just try these steps because it is really magical steps the reason behind this is it solve my issue. I was also facing the similar kind of issue but when I have tried this it fix my issue. Now the video which I play on the media player it gives me the right color combination. If you are using the NVIDIA driver then it should be UP to Date. On the desktop click on the right mouse button and then go to the properties and then go to the configuration > Advanced Options > "Start the NVIDIA Control Panel" and there you will get the Television and Video Option there you just put the saturation on the 50% and after this click on the Apply. Only this much and will be able to fix your problem.

Hey do not worry regarding this problem because after a clean installation of the windows XP SP2. I have also installed the latest force ware drivers and then the K-lite codec pack. All the videos which are running in to the black and white, now it just running correctly without any of the issue. There is a step you just follow that you will also get the solution related to your problem.
    1. Right-tick the desktop, and then tick Properties on the menu.
    2. Tick the Settings tab, and then tick Advanced.
    3. Tick the Troubleshoot tab.
    4. And in last you just move the Hardware Acceleration slider

Hey I have also one solution of this I think it is better than the other two. When I was searching regarding this problem then through one article I was able to solve this issue which is rolling back to the driver and then reinstalling the forceware drivers in this way:
    1. First you start your Device manager.
    2. Then just click on the video card.
    3. Tick the Driver tab, and then tick the Roll Back Driver button.
    4. After that reboot you r PC
    5. And then install the updated drivers
    6. And again reboot your PC.