Thread: Error message: wlsetup-web.exe is not a valid Win32 application

Error message: wlsetup-web.exe is not a valid Win32 application

I am getting this unusual error and i don't know why, The thing is that recently i have downloaded the movie maker for my system and trying to install it but not able to succeed, the thing here is that whatever is the reason may be but i am not aware of it, i have the windows 7 as the operating system and also the Intel core 2 duo as the processor, i have a high level configuration but still i am not being able to install the movie maker, what i did is that as a started the installation process and at that time it gave me an error message and the process was stopped and i don't even know what went wrong here , The error message that came to me was saying that "wlsetup-web.exe is not a valid Win32 application" Please help me in this case i am worried a lot and i have also not seen such type of error , does anyone knows about it.

Re: Error message: wlsetup-web.exe is not a valid Win32 application

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that there are no means that could help you in this case because the download that was made by you was corrupted and also it was not up to the standards, the thing here is that if you are facing the problem in the installing process it self then you have to assume that there is something wrong in the setup file, similarly in this case i will suggest you that there are problems in your downloads and because of it the installation is not proper and gives you an error message what the solution here is you just make another attempt to download the same file and see to it that the download ends successfully without any interruption. after this you have to install the the setup file and i am sure that that file will install successfully on to your system. Please make sure that you download a file from a official site.

I think that this is the problem you are facing because there is no firewall on to your system so i suggest you to just install the fire wall, here are some necessary steps that you have to take into consideration:
    1. To enable the firewall you have to click on Start
    2. And then on control panel which is one of the tab of start
    3. then go on to Windows Firewall
    4. Where you will find a option firewall on or off
    5. Then what you have to do is just turn the Windows Firewall on
    6. And then click OK your fire wall is started or enabled

It seems to me that your installer is not clear so you have to clear the windows installer. For this you have to use the windows installer clear utility,
    1. To clear the installer you have to follow the following steps:
    2. Download a file that you have to install and save on your system
    3. Rather save it on your desktop
    4. Then you have to right click on the same file and choose run as administrator.
    5. Then a window will pop up asking you the password at that time enter the correct the password .
    6. Once you have done with the installation then you have to start the utility.

I hope that this will solve your problem.

I was also facing the same problem a few days back and was frustrated a lot and now i am not having any problem , So i ant you do do is just i download the the file on to your system and do the following thing:
    • As you have successfully done with the installation and that you have to run the utility,
    • To clean the utility you have to just click on start
    • and after clicking on start select programs
    • Once you select programs then you have to select the windows install
    • And then click to ok
    • Once you have clean on the OK button then the whole utility is deleted and that what is mean by cleaning the utility.
    • After that you have to select EXIT

I guess that the downloading process of yours was not perfect , or it may include lots of disturbances, and such download is not a perfect one or not a kind=d of download that can install the software, one more thing that i would like to mention here is that always download the application from the official sites only, because these people provides the original copy of the software which enables you to maintain the quality. In this case you need to follow the following steps:
    • First of all visit this link: http://explore.live.com/
    • Then click on the essentials tab
    • After that you have to select the language you want
    • Click to download.

The above site mentioned is the official site of windows.

I just got tis problem and it turned out that MSN Messenger was already installed. So possibly you also already have it installed, or else you have some remnants of a previous or failed installation that you need to get rid of first?

Anyway, that was my experience. Good luck.