Thread: Message MP_ambits.msi not found error code 0x8007064C

Message MP_ambits.msi not found error code 0x8007064C

For several weeks, the updates to fail at every attempt MSSE installation. In attempting an update manually, I get the following message:
    "The feature you are Trying to use a network resource is on that is unavailable. Click OK or Enter an alternate path to a folder containing the Installation Package 'mp_ambits.msi".
    By specifying a directory where I unpacked the installation of the msi file in question, I have always an error message saying that the package version is not correct. Same thing by uninstalling MSSE, always the message that msi. What to do if the program starts a level correctly? Please help me to sort out my quandary.

Re: Message MP_ambits.msi not found error code 0x8007064C

It seems that Windows Installer is lost in its configurations MSSE. Even if the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility could solve some installation problems, it sometimes damaging other components installed on the computer. Therefore, the tool was removed from the Microsoft Download Center. MSSE preferred that no other antivirus program when you install it. Has there been another AV and has it been completely uninstalled? The relocation is made from a package on the hard disk or directly from the Web?
    1. First try "Run" to install the online
    2. Then, if it does not "save" for the last package on the hard disk:
    3. mssefullinstall-x86fre-en-en-vista-win7.exe if Windows 7 32-bit
    4. mssefullinstall-amd64fre-en-en-vista-win7.exe if 64-bit
    5. Well take the good version, with either Run or Save

The message indicates that the problem is decompression. I read that the "installer" creates a randomly named temporary file in the root of a partition available. It unpacks this file and would seem, then, can no longer access it. You say you have tried installing "unpacked in advance". Try to start and run with msse.msi right click run as administrator. Reminder to unzip the package:
    Open the decompression software, find the exe installation file and extract files by designating a folder "temp" for example.

I remade (not acquired consciousness). Once the package is unpacked into a temporary directory (D: \ Temp \ msse) and executed the setup, the program passes the validation of Windows without problem. It was after that I specifies a path that is not random. So I gave him the path of the temporary directory and the error message is: "The file 'D: \ Temp \ msse \ mp_ambits.msi' is not a valid installation package for The Microsoft Antimalware product. Try to Find the installation package 'mp_ambits.msi' in a folder from Which You Can install Microsoft Antimalware". All running as an administrator on a directory full access. Following a reboot, msse is always present but not active. In trying to activate, I get the message: "An error has occurred in The Program. Try to open it again. If this problem continues, you'll Need to reinstall Microsoft Security Essentials From The Microsoft Download Center." Error code: 0x8007064e. The reinstall fails. It smells reinstallation of Windows and most other protection product ...!!

Have you tried to rename the Windows Update Download folder? Because renaming can also solve your issue of error code 0x8007064C. To tenacity the quandary, rename the Windows Update temporary download folder. To rename the Windows Update temporary download folder, follow the steps that are appropriate for your version of Windows.

Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008

1. Click Start, Type notepad in the Start Search box, And Then press ENTER.
    2. Paste the Following commands Into the new Notepad document:
      net stop wuauserv

cd% systemroot% \ SoftwareDistribution

Download Download.old ren

net start wuauserv
    3. On the File menu, click Save As.
    4. In the Save in box, click Desktop.
    5. In the Save as type box, click All Files.
    6. In the File name box, type Rename.bat.
    7. Click Save.
    8. On the File menu, click Exit to exit Notepad.
    9. On your desktop, right-click Rename.bat And Then click Run as Administrator. If You are prompt for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or confirmation Provide.
    10. Try to install the update by using the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site.
    11. If the update is installed successfully, delete the file Rename.bat That you saved in steps 1 through 7.