Thread: Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80072EFE

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80072EFE

Since this is my first post, I am not having enough ideas to describe my problem. Still I am trying to explain briefly about my issue. When I open windows live mail, I said you can not send or receive messages from the hotmail account (***********) To send and receive messages in your hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com online or try again later. To get help from customer support service for windows live, go to http://support.live.com and click windows live mail in the list of services.
    Server error: 0x80072efe
    Server: 'http / / mail.services.live.com/deltasync_v2.0.0/sync.aspx'
    id. error for windows live mail: 0x80072efe
    I am expecting some useful help from your side soon as possible.

Re: Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80072EFE

To work around this problem, remove the host header from the default Web site:
    1. Start Internet Services Manager
      • Click Start, point to Programs and then click Administrative Tools.
      • Click Internet Services Manager.
    2. Click the right mouse button on the site, want to configure the (eg click on Default Web Site), and then click Properties.
    3. Click the Site tab, and then click the IP address that is to use the Site.
    4. Click Advanced.
    5. Click on the list multiple identities for this website to the identity you want to use the.
    6. Click Edit and remove the host header name.
    7. Apply these changes and start the site when it is not already running.
    8. Re-run SharePoint Portal Server Setup and select Repair mode.

Note: If you only have one IP address on the server, click All not assigned, and then set the TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) connection, you usually have 80) want to use.

The following is also similar error for which I know the solution.
    "Error: 0x80072efe: the connection to the server was interrupted. Error while attempting to Synchronize Child SUS Server from Parent SUS for Service Packs Server".
    It gets generated while attempting to display an error, to synchronize the Child SUS Server from Parent SUS Server. It's Timer_MinBytesPerSecond error or faulty Timer_ConnectionIdle likely if you file C: \ Windows \ system32 \ LogFiles \ HTTPERR \ *.log httperr check on the parent SUS server. The results from II-default settings that are contained in its metabase, which define the minimum traffic flow rate maintained active, and the allowed before a connection is interrupted maximum idle time for a connection.
    1. Click the right mouse button over IIS Manager in the manager-root level II folder and go to Properties. Select the check box to enable direct metabase editing. Click OK.
    2. Open the C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ inetsrv \ Metabase.xml file in Notepad. Do a search of "MinFileBytesPerSec" from. Change the setting of MinFileBytesPerSec of 240 to 0 Perform another search be made during this time "connection timeout" 600th Save your changes and exit.
    3. Restart the IIS Admin service for the changes to take effect.

COM difficulties on the server can cause installation malfunctions. You may obtain an error message in the Exchange Server Setup Progress Log.txt files that states Cdoevt.dll that registration failed for the file. The subsequent ensure that there are no COM problems:
    • Make Sure That the COM + Event system and Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) services are running.
    • Check the System event log for errors related to Any These services.
    • Verify That is working by enumerating Any COM COM packages on your server. To do so:
      1. Under Administrative Tools, click Component Services.
      2. Expand Component Services, expand Computers, expand My Computer, and then expand COM + Applications.
    You must have at slightest one free drive letter during the installation or revamp measures, or the Web Storage System component will stop working. If Exchange Server was previously installed on the server, there may be miscellany left in Active Directory. To conclude if this is the dilemma, try changing the machine name, and then reinstalling. Check Event Viewer to observe if it mentions tribulations with duplicate security IDs (SIDs). This can occur if you imperfectly use imaging software to install the machine same images to numerous computers, and then one of them to endorse a domain controller. If you then join another computer created from the innovative image to that similar domain controller and attempt installation, you may have a VAIfy failure. Check the dates on the computer to make certain it matches the dates on the domain controller.

I answer by listing just as in my case and update returned work. IE Internet Options-> Connection-> LAN Settings
    1. I checked using a proxy server
    2. Advanced
    3. I removed the check in using the same proxy server for all Protocols
    4. Delete all entries in the proxy address to use and ports
    5. Asks if confirmed by pressing ok to disable proxy
    6. Confirm and do all ok
    7. Rebooted
    Now my windows update works. I hope it will be useful.

I would like to provide some more notes about this error. If the NT LM Security Support Provider service is disabled, Setup will be unsuccessful with a VAIfy error (the search module failures and are 0x0000042c 0x8007042c, which causes VAIFy to fail with error 0x80004005). If the Net Logon service is disabled, Setup will fail with a VAIfy error (0x80070005 VAIFy). If no Web site exists as W3SVC / 1 (Typically this is the Default Web Site), Setup will still attempt to run, But the Web Client subcomponent Setup fails (error code 0x80070003.) If the Internet Information Service Administrator service is disabled, Web Storage System (WSS) Setup will fail (sub-component Web Client, error 0x80070422). If the Event Log service is disabled, Setup will fail (Error opening ExchangeServer admin object for 'server'. Hr = 0x80070057). If the Protected Storage service is disabled, Setup will fail (error code 0x8007042C). If HTTP Keep-Alives are disabled on the Default Web Site (W3SVC / 1), Setup will fail (error VAIFy 0x80072eef). If a host header is set on the Default Web Site entry for the (All Unassigned) on TCP / IP port 80, Setup will fail (error VAIFy 0x80072efe). The host header blank should Be during SharePoint Portal Server installation. Running Server Setup with the Distributed Transaction Coordinator (DTC) service stopped fails with a Web Storage System install error (0xC103798A). If you receive the error "Setup is unable to determine for valid ordering for the installation. See the error log for more details," Verify That the Server service is started. If the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service is not started, Setup will fail (error code 0xC103798A, and in Exchange Server Setup Progress.log you will see an error message Indicating "command regsvr32 / s cdowfevt.dll failed").