Thread: RSS feed synchronization problem

RSS feed synchronization problem

I am new to this forum, so if I am making any mistakes please overlook it. Coming to the point, I have a new machine for a few days, Asus laptop with Windows 7 and a paid version of Outlook that I can test it for free for 60 days. I configured my box with an address that already exists and with which I used Outlook Express before on my old machine. Apparently, there is no error in the configuration because I could send and receive mail, but now I get an error message when I open my box, and this prevents me from receive new messages. The message is:
    "The task "RSS" reported error (0xD8B04005):" Failed to sync RSS feeds
    Along with that it also provides some links for Microsoft site (microsoft.com). And then its mentioned that the link does not point to a valid RSS source. I have tried out many ways but nothing leads me to success. So thought that posting here might help me. Who can help me and tell me how I could possibly recover Outlook Express? (It's good enough for me!). Please help me as soon as possible.

Re: RSS feed synchronization problem

Make sure that the server-side RSS feeds are updated correctly. To do this, visit the website that hosts the server-side RSS feeds to ensure that update the feeds and available. Make sure that the desired refresh rate is set for the feed, accessing the feed properties in Internet Explorer. To do so:
    1. Start Internet Explorer.
    2. Evaluate the menu bar press the ALT key on the keyboard.
    3. View menu, click Explorer Bar, and then point to feed.
    4. In the navigation pane, right-click a feed, and then click Properties.
    5. Click OK in the Feed Properties dialog box, under upgrade schedule, click on Settings.
    6. Click OK in the Feed and Web Settings dialog box under the default schedule, make sure you slice that list is the appropriate value specified in.
    7. Click OK to close the feed and web settings to close slice.
    8. Click OK to close the feed properties to close.

The steps that have been mentioned by the "machok" is for Internet Explorer 9. I am giving an information about an Internet Explorer 8 and Internet Explorer 7. Hoping that it would help, if you are using previous versions of Internet Explorer.
    Windows Internet Explorer 8
    1. First you will have to start Internet Explorer.
    2. View menu, click Explorer Bar, and then point to feed.
    3. In the navigation pane, right-click a feed, and then click Properties.
    4. Click OK in the Feed Properties dialog box, under upgrade schedule, click on Settings.
    5. Click OK in the Feed and Web Settings dialog box under the default schedule, make sure you slice that list is the suitable value specified in.
    6. Click OK to close the feed and web settings to close slice.
    7. Click OK to close the feed properties to close.

Windows Internet Explorer 7
    1. Initially start Internet Explorer.
    2. View menu, click Explorer Bar, and then point to feed.
    3. In the navigation pane, right-click a feed, and then click Properties.
    4. Click OK in the Feed Properties dialog box, under upgrade schedule, click on Settings.
    5. Click OK in the Feed Settings dialog box under the default schedule, make sure that list is the suitable value specified in.
    6. Click OK to close the feed settings close.
    7. Click OK to close the feed properties to close.

If the problem is not associated with the update frequency, update the feed in Internet Explorer manually see if the content changes. This problem occurs after one of the following reasons:
    • There are problems connecting to the server updates feed to prevent.
    • The refresh rate is set for the feed is too long.
    • There is a problem with the local feed cache.

Re: Ubuntu synchronization problem

One Ubuntu is a service developed by Canonical Ltd.. 1 to synchronize various components - files, notes, etc.. - A system with an Ubuntu server. Using the principle of cloud computing, this service helps prevent data loss. It is natively integrated with Ubuntu since version 9.10. Since my upgrade to Lucid, when I try to configure One Ubuntu (System -> Preferences -> Ubuntu One) to synchronize my files, I get the following error:
    Error: Got empty result for devices list
    Since, I am new I am not sure whether I have posted this correctly. Please ignore my mistakes. Need help desperately.

Error: Got empty result for devices list
    This message indicates that the list of devices meant to sync with Ubuntu One is empty. To remedy this problem:
    1. Open a terminal and run the command below. The latter will install the package ubuntuone-client-tools that will install the command u1sync which we will use to force the application for leave to add new hardware.
      sudo apt-get install ubuntuone-client-tools
    2. Once the package installed, run the command
      u1sync --authorize
    3. Your browser should now open on the site of Ubuntu One asking you to confirm the addition of your computer to the list.
    4. Once added, restart your computer and your session or return to the configuration window of Ubuntu One. You should not have error message and your computer should now appear in the list of devices connected to your Ubuntu account One.

I also can not set Windows Live Mail as default mail program. Set Control Panel / Default Programs granted in all standards. "Set Program Access and Computer Defaults / Custom" In the hook is for the default email program in Windows Live Mail "always" use current email program "back on. Result: synchronization with mda vario III (wm 6.1) does not work. Shown above error message occurs for me too.

The synchronization of calendar and contact entries function applies only to Outlook on the default path. The synchronization of files with me but has functioned without objection. There is otherwise only possible with Birdisync all to sync with Thunderbird. After I installed Outlook, the error message gone (I still had the 60-day trial version on the HTC CD). According to my experience, it is pruning. The Snyc is clever, especially with larger folders you notice right away that is synchronized directly between the computers. The first day I had twice the problem is that the Live Sync process has run amok and called 130 svchost.exe processes, ok ... that was then never again. That now instead of 2 GB 5 GB available, was at first a little something for me an obstacle, since my synchronized order the 5 GB is pretty well used. But in the end not so bad, I have separated into two folders - one which I only sync your peer-to-peer (and now 20GB) and one with the cloud. What's missing (in my setup): switch must also the family to share photos and videos, which I will also make peer-to-peer. Backup runs via the home server - who is with me, no WHS V2 approved, but the clients anyway. Here I consider then the new "Vail" use. We'll see. I have also not yet married, turning up the "Microsoft Office" sync (yeah coward, but .... ). I find it interesting that the 'public' always said that Live Mesh is dead, and "Live Sync" is now the new one.