Thread: Outlook 2010 File Attachments problems

Outlook 2010 File Attachments problems

I am using the Microsoft Outlook 2010 from a very long period of time and there was not a problem, but from last week when i send an attachments files it creates a number of the problem. The HTML files that i tried to send through the outlook 2010 fails badly and if any file is send it takes a very long period to send. The Microsoft had told that the HTML attachments and the plain text will be send very easily which is written below the subject level, any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated by me to overcome the problem and also any other advice to use the outlook in a better manner.

Re: Outlook 2010 File Attachments problems

Before getting to the answer of the issue that you have given, first tell me which formats you are trying to send through the outlook 2010 because the Microsoft outlook 2010 does not allow a number of the format to be send. .bat, .exe, .vbs, and .js are the file format that Microsoft does not allow to be send through the outlook as they contain viruses in it due to the security reasons. The format such as the HTML, plain Text, PDF and other files will be send through the outlook 2010. So, please provide the necessary information to overcome the issue.

As you have mentioned that the file format such as the .bat, .exe, .js and .vbs are not working in the outlook 2010 but in my case the files that working in the outlook such as the plain text and the HTML are not working in the Microsoft outlook 2010. I tried to send the the PDF file which is approximately 2MB in size and when i attach the file in the outlook and tried to send it in my other account it fails badly so what is the problem with that please provide some solution to overcome the issue any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated to resolve these problem.

It seems that the method that you have followed to attach a file is not proper so i am providing a proper way to attach a file in the Microsoft outlook 2010 just follow the below steps to overcome the issue;
    • First you need to generate or open the article in which you desire to place in a file attachment. For mail or messages, you must be creating a new message to place in an attachment.

• Then you need to click in the body of the item, and then click Insert File, the attachment symbol will appear on the side just click there to attach the file.

• After that Select the file that you desire to attach, and then click place in or insert.

• Finally In a new message, clicks Send, and in any additional type of item, click put away/save and Close.

• This will resolve your issue in a proper manner and you will be able to send the file of any format.

There are a number of the things that you have to keep in mind before you attach and send a file to the other users which are listed below;
    • The Outlook does not support a number of the file format files.By default, Microsoft Outlook blocks potentially dangerous add-on files (such as .bat, .exe, .vbs, and .js) that can hold. If you attach such a file to an e-mail communication, you will be asked whether you desire to send a potentially insecure attachment. If you reply Yes, Outlook will send the accessory.

• There is different approach available to send the messages and the file attachments. You can also interleave attachments by dragging a file from your system to an Outlook thing or by copying and pasting a file into an Outlook thing as an attachment.

• A safer way to split files is to post the files to a secure set of connections share. In an e-mail message, you can comprise a link to the split that you have given the receiver access to.

If you are sending a message in the Microsoft outlook instead of the files then it will creates a number of the problem as there are different rules and approaches for these process. In the fresh message you are composing, tick anywhere in the message. Then If Microsoft Word is your e-mail editor, click to select the downward projectile after that to the paper clip icon, and then snap Insert Item. Or else, on the Insert menu, click Item. Choose the message or additional Outlook thing that you desire to attach, and then click OK. In a fresh message, click Send. In any extra type of item, snap Save and Close, this will resolve the problem of the messages many a time there are chances that you are trying t send a message in the place of the files so follow these steps to send the messages in the Microsoft outlook 2010.

There seems to be a problem in the outlook 2010 software that you are using, which does not allow you to send the files of the different format. To resolve these issue you have to update the software from the Microsoft website or these can be done by going in the Microsoft Update section form the start up menu and then select the appropriate update from there, it will be automatically update the software to remove the software bug and if there is any corrupted file it will repair it for sure. If then too the issue is not resolved then you have to contact the Microsoft customer care desk for further help and support on the given topic.

I have long used Outlook as my main form of communication with my clients, including sending them attachments.

Having installed Outlook 2010, my 'attach files' icon brings up the normal Windows Explorer type screen but only recognises Word & Excel files and excludes .pdf files. Can anyone advises how to change it to recognising all non-excluded files?
    Last edited by arm266; 16-11-2010 at 08:36 PM.