Thread: How to change my computer ID in XP Home

How to change my computer ID in XP Home

Hello
    I have a HP computer with the windows XP operating system, which runs good in any environment. Having no issue till now with the operating system. Now I wish to change my computer ID with a personal one. Can anyone provide me the procedure to how to change the my computer ID? I want this because, whenever I wish to connect or to communicate with the with the other device, I need to replace my computer IDS with a personal one. Also whenever I tried to update the driver for the computer it also ask for the valid computer ID, so that’s why I changed it for the permanent. Any other suggestion will be appreciated…..

Re: How to change my computer ID in XP Home

I have some solution for the problem which might be help you to change the ID name of your computer. First you go to the My Computer into the Desktop of your computer and right-click on the icon of that, and then go to properties. Where you will see a option to change the computer name, remove the existing one and then insert the new one that you want to store as the name of the computer. You should ask for the windows permission, click on the continue, after that you will see that your computer name is changed as you edited, you can check it as the same that you apply for the changing.

If you are using your computer as the Domain machine, then you should first go for the tab of the computer name in the my computer window , where you should select the Domain and then add the windows XP based computer description. To locate the computer name tab go to the system properties dialog box off the computer name tab of the control panel. Click on the START option and the go to the My Computer, and then right-click on that option and proceed to the properties of the My Computer. Where you can able to do the operation. Or you can also do this from the RUN option of the START menu, where you should type the sysdm.cpl and click on the OK or hit the ENTER. Another option is you can able to do this from the Performance and Maintenance tab from the control panel of the computer then go to system. Hope these procedures will help you to modify the name of the domain computer name.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

For changing the domain computer name, remember that before change the ownership of the computer from the workgroup. You should remember the user- name and the password of the local administrative log-in. this will need during the changing the name of the computer. Also remember that after remove the computer from the domain workgroup you will not able to log on the computer with your administrative user-name and the password. For change the computer name you go to the change option under the computer name. Tab. In the computer name dialog box provide the new name for the computer; it will use in the domain log-in. type the new domain and the workgroup in the dialog box of the domain and the workgroup. To change the suffix in the DNS click on the More in the primary section. Lastly click on the OK, it will require for the reboot of the machine. Do that and after reboot you will see the new name of the computer.