Thread: Preview handler to view attached Word documents not working

Preview handler to view attached Word documents not working

I have installed an Outlook Express 2007 on Win 7 which was a trial version. I removed my trial version of MS Office 2007 and then installed Beta MS Office 2010. After making this installations, I have found that my Outlook previewer is not working in order to view Word documents. I am getting an error message as "This file cannot be previewed because there is no previewer installed for it." Please help me!!!

Re: Preview handler to view attached Word documents not working

I guess you have got mistaken somewhere while installing the beta version of an Office 2010 on your windows 7 computer system. It seems to me like an incompatibility issue as your machine have not removed an office 2007 due to which there would be some conflict with the new version and hence you are getting such error messages. I suggest you to remove all the versions of an Office from your system and then install the fresh copy of an Office 2010 Beta which must not show any errors while viewing an attachments.

I would like to ask you one question that have to created this files from an office 2007 and trying to open it by using an office 2010. I suggest you to go to the File Association in Windows make sure about the file format which has been attached to the mail. If it has been made by using Office 2007 then you should open it by using the same as it won;t b opening from office 2010. Go to the Tools -> Trust Center -> Attachment Handling -> Attachment and Document Previewers, Here you have to confirm that all the check-boxes are checked which are needed to preview files. According to me this solution will sort out your problem and if not there i don't have any idea by what you are getting such errors while opening an attachments. Still you must keep on searching about the similar problems as you might get any hint somewhere.

Since I switched to Outlook 2010, the attachments of type. Doc sent to me by mail can not be opened by double clicking on it because they are "blocked". The only way I found is to save them, and to "unlock" (right click, properties ..). But not to worry as i have found the solution for this kind of problems. it protected mode does not work and so if in Word and Excel you uncheck the box "Enable Protected Mode for Outlook attachments," while walking... Now the question is "Why open protected mode does not work does it not? Besides opening with previews generators do not work either.

In fact all the attachments of the office suite can not be previewed. If one tries diagnosis is: "Can not preview because an error occurred for the following overview generator". If you double clicked to open them in their program was so "Word has encountered an error when opening the file .." (In the case of Excel I think it puts "The file is corrupted")
    Finally, if you record them on the hard disk is the same but looking at their properties, there is a field at the bottom that says "Security: This file is from another computer and might possibly be blocked to protect this computer "with just the button next to" unlock ". If you click on this button, the file can be opened. So I'm not stuck, but it's painful. The problem is obviously in the download of attachments by Outlook because if you use Thunderbird it does not occur. Otherwise, I have everything installed on the hard disk.

Go for a walk in the center of Privacy Management (File> Options). In settings, there is the option with Attachments. If this is not good you make me sign? Otherwise, KB930005, for Office2007, explains that this problem occurs if the following conditions are met:
    • In Excel 2007 workbook, the checkbox Sharing with Track Changes is enabled.
    • In Excel 2007 workbook, the list changes on a separate sheet is activated.