Thread: Microsoft Personal Folders Backup add-in (pfbackup)

Microsoft Personal Folders Backup add-in (pfbackup)

I am using Windows XP on my pc and have installed Microsoft Office 2010 but mind it, It is not a beta version. It seems like an outlook 2010 is not working with the Personal Folders Backup add-in on this machine. It seems like an Add-In tab responds after clicking on the Backup which in further let you configure the destination for the PST copy but it is not doing it when Outlook closes. Is there anybody who has seen the same problem?

Re: Microsoft Personal Folders Backup add-in (pfbackup)

Outlook offers an avatar backup: Archiving. But the archive seems to exist to alleviate that Outlook to save the data file. However, we do not think naturally, but the advantage of single-file format of Outlook is to allow something too simple to be visible, go to the directory the data file *. PST and simply copy Using Windows Explorer. Access to or copy of this file can sometimes be difficult (denial of access or copy) if Outlook is open or not completely unloaded from memory. Just then copy the path and paste it into the address box of Internet Explorer and then validate. Then we made it a favorite, which allows access without too many clicks to the data file *. PST. The result depends very much on the IE version used.

Copy and paste the outlook.pst file is exactly the method I used to know before PFBackup (method I always use elsewhere duplicate backup) but the advantage of PFBackup is that it is loaded automatically from the backup without it having to think about. For cons, I found installing Office 2010 on my PC that never had Office installed, this version created an Outlook Files folder in My Documents and that the personal folders are now in this location and not in AppData / Local.

I have exactly the same problem in Outlook 2010. I installed the Outlook 2010/2007/2003/2002 Add-in: Personal Folders Backup advised via the website of Microsoft Office, but there is no Backup folder under File. I read with interest the response by Olivier B. BUT under C: \ User I Contacts, Favorites, My Pictures, ... and not Outlook :-( Does anyone know how to make it appear the "Save" when you installed the necessary supplement??

I guess the pfbackup plug in for the latest version of an Office ie. office 2010 has been not released but still you can install the same plug in on your New office version. Now many changes has been made in the latest version due to which this plug in does not works properly on this version. I suggest you to wait for some time so that this plug in as well gets ready for the latest version. Till then you may do your work by using some other plug in instead of pfbackup.

thanks so much