Thread: How to install outlook Business Contact Manager in MS Office 2010?

How to install outlook Business Contact Manager in MS Office 2010?

I have downloaded the latest or you can say that the newest version of the Business Contact Manager. And I have downloaded this only for the Outlook 2010. And after downloading this I have installed the server 2008. And for the Office Professional Plus 2010. But here I am still not able to seeing the Business Contact Manager in the Outlook. So can you tell me that how to do this?

Re: How to install outlook Business Contact Manager in MS Office 2010?

Like you I have also faced this issue. And I want to tell you that it is really very much irritating. I have got this solution from one of my friend so if you want then you can try it because in my case it is working nicely I hope it will also fix your issue. So you just try the below stated steps.
    • Tick Start->control panel->programs->programs and features.
    • In the catalog of application seem for Microsoft Business contact manager.
    • If it is not scheduled that means it is not installed.
    • So you just try to re install it.

I have read the previous post and I am also agree with that. But at the same time you just ensure that BCM add-in is enabled. In that first open the Outlook then tick File->Options->add-ins after this tick Go for COM add-ins after doing this Make sure that the add-in Business contact manager for Outlook or Business contact manager Loader for Outlook is chosen then clock OK and the last thing which you have to do is Close the Outlook and again open it.

Thank you for your reaction. I mean for your reply here. I am not seeing BCM scheduled in the "Add-Ins" window either in "Active application Add-ins" or “Inactive Application Add-ins" I have also tried loading BCM used for Outlook that Base tool a number of times. So May I have a number of extra ideas please.

I believe you missed Gafur's point. He said: "I have attempted to load BCM for Outlook that Base tool a number of times." He has reinstalled the whole thing a number of times, and not anything shows up in Programs and Features. Gafur, you will like this, but BCM 2010 only comes by Office 2010 standard, not with the Professional Plus. So you have to purchase standard through a 3rd party seller through Microsoft. I had to dig and specially ask them to locate out that BCM is not incorporated with Professional Plus or any additional retail version. You totally must purchase it through volume licensing and inquire for Office 2010 standard with BCM. So I think it will help you.

I am having alike difficulty with installing BCM, apart from my matter is through Office 2010 standard which comprises BCM 2010. I had a 32-bit Office 2007 and BCM 2007 which is installed on a Windows 7 64 bit operating system. I have upgraded to Office 2010 STANDARD which comprises BCM 2010. Office 2010 and Outlook 2010 work well, BUT Business Contact Manager 2010 does not productively installs. It fails all time, with no any error messages or something, and I have originated no answers anyplace. It also does not ever demonstrate up in the Programs and Features section. I have re start between installs and attempted the whole thing. I am convinced this is a bug. So please if anyone has solution then help me.

In this the only solution which worked in my case was installing again Windows 7 64 bit which is totally fresh or you can say that new one, then installing Office 2010 STANDARD and BCM 2010 on the new install. I believe Microsoft has not worked out the errors up till now so this is the way I have to go to install it productively. The install worked on everybody else's computer in the office despite the fact that counting for another 64bit Windows 7 operating system computer. Hope this will help.