Thread: How to Transfer contact folders from Outlook Express to Outlook 2010 or Windows Live Mail ?

How to Transfer contact folders from Outlook Express to Outlook 2010 or Windows Live Mail ?

I moved my contacts from Outlook Express i.e. Windows Address Book initial to Outlook 2010 and then I attempted Windows Live Mail. In every case, the contacts transferred very well other than none of the dozens of folders they were prepared in. Over the last 5+ years I structured 100s of contacts into dozens of folders and at the present I am not able to figure out a way to move this folder structure to an email client on Windows Vista, which no longer helps Outlook Express. Does anybody have any ideas?

Re: How to Transfer contact folders from Outlook Express to Outlook 2010 or Windows Live Mail ?

Actually whatever you are asking here I am not able to get that. Related to this little bit which is I am getting it is that When you say "folder" structure so here do you mean that Groups? If your answer is yes related to my question then I just want to inform you here that they will not transfer the AFAIK. So I think you get this even if you are not able to get this then you just Google regarding this issue I hope you will get your solution very soon.

Re: How to Transfer contact folders from Outlook Express to Outlook 2010 or Windows Live Mail ?

As optional by the previous user, when you bring in the contacts from Outlook Express to Outlook, you will not obtain the groups which you have shaped in Outlook express. Groups in Outlook express are recognized as sharing lists in Outlook. You have to generate a distribution list in Outlook. Make sure that this issue from the Microsoft website I think there you will get the idea to create a new distribution list in Outlook.

Generating a contacts sharing list is a two-step procedure. The first step is to make a decision where you will stock up the distribution list. You are able to save it in an Address Book or in your Contacts folder. The second step is to add your contacts to the list.
    • I think the following example shows how to set up a sharing list in your Contacts folder.
    • On the Home Page, tick Address Book to unlock your Address Book.
    • Tick the list beneath Address Book, and after that choose Contacts.
    • On top of the File menu, tick New Entry.
    • Below choose the entry type, tick New Contact Group.
    • Under Put this Entry, tick In the Contacts. These collections determine where your new sharing list is saved. This is the default location.
    • Tick OK. Your new sharing list is now set to be saved in the Contacts folder, and an untitled distribution list appearance opens. At the present, you are able to commence adding contacts to your new sharing list, as outlined in the following section.

This steps for the Outlook 2007 you just follow these steps:

1 On top of the Tools menu, tick Address Book to unlock your Address Book.
    2 Inside the Show Names from the list tick Contacts.
    3 On the File menu, clack New Entry, or tick the New Entry key on the toolbar.
    4 Under choose the entry type, tick New Distribution List.
    5 Beneath Put this Entry, click In the Contacts. This choice decides where your new sharing list is saved. This is the default position.
    6 Tick OK. Your new distribution list is at the present put to be saved in the Contacts folder, and an untitled sharing list form opens. At this point, you are able to start adding contacts to your fresh sharing list, as outlined in the following section.

Now you are able to add Contacts to Your New Sharing List for the Outlook 2010
    1 In the Name box, type the name of your original contact group.
    2 Tick the Select Members key to put in members from some of your Address Book entries or Contacts.
    3 Tick Save and Close to save the original sharing list.
    The name of the sharing list comes into view bold as match up to to the additional entries in the contact folder. In table views, the sharing list name appears in the Fill Name area. You are able to view the members of the list by opening the entry.

Here I am going to tell you about how to add Contacts to Your New Sharing List for the Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007
    1 In the Name box, type the name of your new sharing list.
    2 Tick the Select Members key to add members from every of your Address Book entries or Contacts.
    3 Tick Save and Close to save the original sharing list.
    The name of the sharing list comes into view bold as match up to to the additional entries in the contact folder. In table views, the sharing list name appears in the Fill Name area. You are able to view the members of the list by opening the entry.