Thread: Installing the product key failed for Office 2010. Please try another product key.

Installing the product key failed for Office 2010. Please try another product key.

I have spent my last 5 hours in installing the Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010. It was like a headache to me. Still haven't installed it yet. I have installed it, uninstall it several times but it worked never. Please help me!!! When it asks me to enter the product key then it says the product key failed for Office 2010. Please try another product key. What could be the reason behind wrong product key. I have got frustrated now and seems like using an Office 2007 was better then this headache.

Re: Installing the product key failed for Office 2010. Please try another product key.

I bought a laptop brand Acer with Windows Seven. I served for some time from Microsoft Word. But since yesterday, when I get a doc saved a few days ago, impossible to modify a window tells me:
    "Type the product key, Enter the product key of 25 characters. Although you are not required to enter the product key now, we recommend you do to help validate your license microsoft office ...." Could someone help me please? Because I can not even create new documents, I typed the key is underneath my pc which is windows but did nothing.

Re: Installing the product key failed for Office 2010. Please try another product key.

I am almost certain that the version of Word was installed was a trial, lasting 60 days - that's what practice the majority of manufacturers. You have several options:
    1. Either you buy a license for Office 2007 (like the Home and Student version) (I assume also that other programs were installed Office: Excel, Powerpoint ...)
    2. Either you download and install the beta version of Office 2010, which is free, but whose life is also limited (it will stop working October 31, 2010: logic, since the final version is already on sale at this date)
    3. Either you use the Office Web Apps Online Apps, that online versions of Office software (which still needs to be continuously connected to the Internet): In the same vein, you can also use Google Docs (docs.google.com)
    4. Either you install the free OpenOffice.org suite and free, which is consistent with the documents you have created with Word.

The process of search or replace a product key is different depending on the product version (trial version or full version). An evaluation version is a free temporary version of a Microsoft product that allows you to activate it once to try before you buy. After activating the trial version, you can use the full product for 60 days. A full version offers a perpetual license. This means you can activate the software on two computers and use it throughout the life of every computer. To search or replace the product key full version. If your office's product key has been not getting accepted by the Office's version then i suggest you to get the new executable with the new product key which might not be having any such problem.

You May Be Able to Find the product key for a trial version in More Than One rental. Finding the key depends how it WAS The Key Obtained (CD / DVD, Downloaded, subscription, or preinstalled By The computer manufacturer, system builder, or reseller ). To Find the product key for a trial version, "check the followings locations:
    • Office 2003 and Office 2007 - Trial Desktop or Microsoft Office 60 Day Trial - Online icon When a preinstalled trial est disponible. Double-clicking Microsoft On The Office 60 Day Trial - Online icon Open an Office Online Web page to download Either year trial gold Obtain The Office product key.
    • Sticker on CD on the box packaging.
    • Microsoft Product Identifier Card.
    • Confirmation e-mail message from Year That Was Received Gold download online renewal notice.

What To Do If The full version product Key is Damaged or missing. If you can not find your product key, You Can Obtain a new one. To do this, contact Support. Find the phone number for your support area by Running the Product Activation Wizard is your computer. For more information about how to Run the Product Activation Wizard. When you contact Microsoft for a new Office product key, please Have the followings items in front of customer service representative: The product CD-ROM. The readable Part of Your original product key (if available). But make sure that you are ready to have a proper discussion with the customer care executive so that you don't get confused while showing your problem gets helped.